We will be going with 4 couples to Italy next October from Florida. My question is my husband's family is originally from a small little town in southern Italy called Falconara Albanese. Last trip in 2004 we wanted to visit there but had no idea how remote and far away it was. So this time, we are planning this in our trip. What would be the best way to get to this town. I believe the largest city close to it would be Cosenza. We will rent a car when close but do not want to drive that far with mountains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on a nice place to stay in this area of Italy.
Advice on Rome to Cosenza
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Rome Accommodation
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 TGV and Provence questions
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 11 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 14 Italian Lakes gardens
- 15 Greek islands from Turkey
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 18 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 19 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 20 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?