We will be going with 4 couples to Italy next October from Florida. My question is my husband's family is originally from a small little town in southern Italy called Falconara Albanese. Last trip in 2004 we wanted to visit there but had no idea how remote and far away it was. So this time, we are planning this in our trip. What would be the best way to get to this town. I believe the largest city close to it would be Cosenza. We will rent a car when close but do not want to drive that far with mountains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on a nice place to stay in this area of Italy.
Advice on Rome to Cosenza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 2 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 5 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 6 London visit
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 10 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 11 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 17 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 20 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 21 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 24 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's