We will be going with 4 couples to Italy next October from Florida. My question is my husband's family is originally from a small little town in southern Italy called Falconara Albanese. Last trip in 2004 we wanted to visit there but had no idea how remote and far away it was. So this time, we are planning this in our trip. What would be the best way to get to this town. I believe the largest city close to it would be Cosenza. We will rent a car when close but do not want to drive that far with mountains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on a nice place to stay in this area of Italy.
Advice on Rome to Cosenza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving in france with kids
- 2 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 3 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 11 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 14 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 15 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 16 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 17 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 18 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Which european city?
- 23 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 24 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 25 Scotland November 2015