We will be going with 4 couples to Italy next October from Florida. My question is my husband's family is originally from a small little town in southern Italy called Falconara Albanese. Last trip in 2004 we wanted to visit there but had no idea how remote and far away it was. So this time, we are planning this in our trip. What would be the best way to get to this town. I believe the largest city close to it would be Cosenza. We will rent a car when close but do not want to drive that far with mountains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on a nice place to stay in this area of Italy.
Advice on Rome to Cosenza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 3 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 4 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 5 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 6 London Private Detectives
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Calling Jamikins
- 10 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 13 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 16 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 19 Europe in 21 days
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days