We will be going with 4 couples to Italy next October from Florida. My question is my husband's family is originally from a small little town in southern Italy called Falconara Albanese. Last trip in 2004 we wanted to visit there but had no idea how remote and far away it was. So this time, we are planning this in our trip. What would be the best way to get to this town. I believe the largest city close to it would be Cosenza. We will rent a car when close but do not want to drive that far with mountains. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions on a nice place to stay in this area of Italy.
Advice on Rome to Cosenza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 2 Venice Banning Fodors
- 3 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 4 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 5 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 Rome---August and September
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 12 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 13 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 14 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 4-6 weeks
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer