I am planning a trip to Spain, Southern France and Italy. The itinerary is seen below. I would like to find out from experienced travellers here if there is a need to get a eurail pass or should I just purchase the tickets online?
My trip is next month (mid Sept). Hence, I am wondering if the tickets will be expensive if I purchase online now? I believe the nearer the date of the rides, the more expensive the tickets? Appreciate any advice on this.
Day 1 Reach Amsterdam
Day 2 Amsterdam
Day 3 Amsterdam
Day 4 Amsterdam
Day 5 Flight to Madrid
Day 6 Madrid
Day 7 Madrid
Day 8 Madrid
Day 9 Madrid to Barcelona
Day 10 Barcelona
Day 11 Barcelona
Day 12 Barcelona train to Aix En Provence
Day 13 Aix En Provence
Day 14 Aix En Provence to Nice
Day 15 Nice
Day 16 Nice to Cinque Terra
Day 17 Cinque Terra
Day 18 Cinque Terra to Florence
Day 19 Florence
Day 20 Florence
Day 21 Florence to Venice
Day 22 Venice
Day 23 Venice flight home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 3 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 4 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 5 French restaurants
- 6 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 7 Engadine Valley help
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Tuscany 6 nights
- 10 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Naples, Italy
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 15 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 16 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 France & Italy, May or June
- 20 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 21 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 22 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 23 San Sebastian
- 24 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 25 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
Advice on rail tickets for trip to Spain, Southern France & Italy