I am planning a trip to Spain, Southern France and Italy. The itinerary is seen below. I would like to find out from experienced travellers here if there is a need to get a eurail pass or should I just purchase the tickets online?
My trip is next month (mid Sept). Hence, I am wondering if the tickets will be expensive if I purchase online now? I believe the nearer the date of the rides, the more expensive the tickets? Appreciate any advice on this.
Day 1 Reach Amsterdam
Day 2 Amsterdam
Day 3 Amsterdam
Day 4 Amsterdam
Day 5 Flight to Madrid
Day 6 Madrid
Day 7 Madrid
Day 8 Madrid
Day 9 Madrid to Barcelona
Day 10 Barcelona
Day 11 Barcelona
Day 12 Barcelona train to Aix En Provence
Day 13 Aix En Provence
Day 14 Aix En Provence to Nice
Day 15 Nice
Day 16 Nice to Cinque Terra
Day 17 Cinque Terra
Day 18 Cinque Terra to Florence
Day 19 Florence
Day 20 Florence
Day 21 Florence to Venice
Day 22 Venice
Day 23 Venice flight home
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Best Viking Sites
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 Ex-pats with young kids
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 15 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 16 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 24 Greece
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
Advice on rail tickets for trip to Spain, Southern France & Italy