So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 2 Help me plan a Trip
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 6 England and Scotland 15-days in November Trip Planning
- 7 South of France
- 8 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 9 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 10 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 11 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 12 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 13 England, Paris itinerary help
- 14 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 15 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 16 Germany for 3 weeks
- 17 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 18 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 19 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 20 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 21 Sardinia Advice
- 22 Provence planning
- 23 Making reservations in Italy
- 24 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 25 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)