So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 2 21 Days in Central Europe
- 3 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 4 No points in Paris .....
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 8 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 9 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 12 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 13 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 14 Pronunciation
- 15 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 16 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 17 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 18 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 22 best time to book accommodation
- 23 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 24 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 25 London visit