So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 2 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 3 Hey Fodor's
- 4 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 5 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 6 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 7 Gift for French business associate
- 8 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 9 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 10 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 11 Olive Oil
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 14 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 15 Dresden- tea towel
- 16 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 17 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 18 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 19 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 20 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 21 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 25 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?