So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
- 1 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 2 Dolomites Drives
- 3 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 4 RHK's heading to Europe
- 5 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 6 Germany with 6 month old.
- 7 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 8 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 9 Time in Strasbourg?
- 10 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 11 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 12 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 13 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 14 Paris in 8 days ALONE
- 15 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 16 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 17 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 18 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 19 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 20 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 21 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 22 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 23 Germany and Italy
- 24 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 25 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass