So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Florence in October
- 5 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 6 Traveling within Italy
- 7 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 8 first european holiday itinery
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 18 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 19 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 20 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 21 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope