So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dolomites in the summer - watch this
- 2 Sorry! Another Venice Hotel Location
- 3 What to buy in Prague, Vienna, or Budapest that we can't get in the US?
- 4 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 5 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 6 Do trains run past midnight???
- 7 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 8 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 9 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 10 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 11 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 12 Venice - boats on canals
- 13 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 14 Barcelona for single female
- 15 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 16 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 17 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 20 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 21 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 22 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 23 Help for San Sebastian
- 24 Newgrange to Galway
- 25 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?