So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Car in Prague
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 6 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 7 Planning a holiday
- 8 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 12 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 13 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 14 first european holiday itinery
- 15 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 16 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 Which travel plan?
- 19 London for Christmas
- 20 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 21 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 22 Travel by train or bus
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary