So next September (2013) I'm planning on going to Europe with my cousin and both of our moms (who are sisters). I share a birthday with my Aunt and we want to go as a birthday present to ourselves (I'll be 24 and she'll be 56). I've never been out of the country so I would really love any advice on planning our trip (we don't even have a length of time yet but it does need to be less than two weeks). We know we want to go to Paris and Rome and spend some time in the Tuscan countryside (with a glass of wine in our hands at all times of course), but other than that, I have no idea where to begin. I've done a small amount of research and know that we shouldn't stay in hotels and instead rent an apt. My cousin would like to see the Almalfi coast (and I'm pretty sure she isn't going to want to give that up). Any advice or suggestions on places to go, means of transportation and anything else that you could think of would really help me narrow down our choices. Also: food is my profession and my passion so I'm all about great food, whether it be Arancini from a small corner cafe or a full tasting menu and I would love to hear about any great places to check out. Thanks!
Advice on planning a Mothers/Daughters Vacation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 2 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 3 going to italy
- 4 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 5 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 6 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 7 Stay away from EF Tours
- 8 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 9 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 10 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 11 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 12 Italy things to do?
- 13 Getting cash in Spain
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 St. Paul's Cathedral bells
- 16 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 17 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 18 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 19 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 20 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 21 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 A town in France for a month
- 24 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 25 Saint Malo or Dinan?