I am back to ask advice from all you expert travelers who have already been so helpful. We have picked areas we would like to visit for a trip that has to be the end of July and early August due to schedules. We would love some help with deciding how many days should be spent in each area. This is going to be our BIG trip before children so it consists of sightseeing and relaxation. This will be a two week trip plus 2 days for traveling.
We will start by:
Flying to Paris from Newark NJ ( We can do this using points from Continental & nonstop)
We will end by:
Flying from Milan to Newark NJ ( Again we can use points & nonstop )
We will be visiting:
Train to French Riviera and stay in St Tropez
Portofino (have always wanted to stay there even if its just for a night or 2)
Will have to spend a night in Milan before our trip back to NJ
How many days should we try to spend in each? I know 2 weeks for all these places may not seem like a lot, but we won't be traveling for awhile to Europe and this is really something we want to do. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 4 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 7 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 8 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 9 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 10 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 11 vienna
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 14 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 15 Bernina Express mid-March
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Italy
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 where to stay in London?
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily