I will be spending the first few days of my Italy trip in early October in Venice with my fiancé. We are both 25 in case anyone was wondering, so we don't mind a faster-paced itinerary.
Can anyone offer advice on the itinerary below? Based on the activities I mentioned, what would be the best grouping based on location? As my itinerary is now, it seems like I'm all over the place and I'm not sure how long it actually takes to get from neighborhood to neighborhood (or how to get from place to place.)
Any tips on the best time of day to do certain things (St. Marks basilica I heard is best in the morning for example)? I probably won't do all of the things mentioned, and will want time to relax, etc. but I just like to have a plan in case so I know what my options are.
Also, the train station into and out of Venice is Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia, not Venezia Mestre right?
Thanks in advance!
Train Milan to Venice - arrive around 3 and check into hotel Palazzo Paruta (San Marco)
Buy cell phone/SIM card and get euros
Ride the No 1 (45min) or No 2 (25min) vaporetto the length of the Grand Canal (San Marco?)
Dinner: Osteria Antico Giardinetto (San Polo)
Secret Itineraries tour 9:55 (or 11:35) (San Marco)
Lunch: Arte della Pizza (Cannaregio)
Free tour 3-6 (Cannaregio)
Dinner: La Zucca (San Polo)
Dueling bands at St Mark’s Square in evening (San Marco)
Rialto Market 7:30am (San Polo)
St. Marks Basilica (San Marco)
Lunch: Pontini (Cannaregio)
Real Venetian Kayak 2 hrs (Cannaregio)
Campanile San Marco for the view - is evening less crowded? (San Marco)
Cichetti at Cantinone Gia' Schiavi &/or Osteria Al Squero (Dorsoduro)
Dinner: Osteria Alla Staffa (Castello)
Bar - El Rofolo (Castello)
Day 4 Leave for Rome
Morning: Ca Rezzonico palazzo at 10 (Dorsoduro)
Check out of hotel
Train to Rome at ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Lisbon - a few tips
- 14 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 15 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 16 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 17 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 24 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 25 Need help in completing trip details