My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 2 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 3 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 4 malaga to madrid train ?
- 5 Paris Bastille Day
- 6 Anyone been to Fastnacht or Fasnacht in Switzerland?
- 7 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 8 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 9 Denmark cycle tour
- 10 Trains
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 12 Barcelona restaurants
- 13 Accommodation
- 14 Italy for 5 nights!
- 15 Is Rome and Amalfi safe for women?
- 16 netherland & belgium 7 days pls help
- 17 Travel to San Gimignano
- 18 Central Europe for 8 days over NYE break
- 19 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 20 car rental agency
- 21 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 22 1 month & unrealistic expectations
- 23 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 24 Ferry from Istanbul to Greek Islands
- 25 Best way to travel between Heathrow and Paris