My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Hotels that we found special
- 3 Rental car while in Ireland
- 4 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Too many Trip Reports
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Great London Bars with a view
- 11 Art in Paris
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 16 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 17 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 18 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 19 Reykjavik hotels
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 22 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 23 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 24 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 25 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?