My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 London 2nd time around
- 7 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 15 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 18 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 19 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 20 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 21 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 22 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 23 Sicily - not a trip report
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?