My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 2 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 3 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 4 Madrid: Flamenco
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 7 Madrid: City Views
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 10 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 11 German Rail Twin Pass
- 12 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 13 ITALO trains need help
- 14 London restaurants
- 15 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 16 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 17 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 18 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 19 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 20 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 21 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 22 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 23 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 24 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal