My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 7 Dublin to Armagh?
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 10 Gite and/or agritourism
- 11 Apartment for family trip to London
- 12 Prebook B&Bs
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 15 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 20 days in Germany
- 18 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 19 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 20 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 23 Athens/Istanbul March
- 24 French open
- 25 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?