My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Transports in Santorini
- 3 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 8 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 9 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 10 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 11 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 12 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Olive Oil
- 16 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 17 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 18 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 19 Portugal 15 day Itinerary Help
- 20 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 21 french riviera
- 22 Hey Fodor's
- 23 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands