My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 7 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 8 Trip around Spain
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 11 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 16 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 17 One more last question on Bayeux
- 18 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 19 Medieval Tallinn
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools