My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 2 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 3 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 4 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 5 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 7 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 8 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 9 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 10 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 11 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 12 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 13 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 14 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 17 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 18 travel to western Europe from India
- 19 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 20 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 21 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 22 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice, France
- 23 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 24 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 25 Lake Como in October- when does season change