My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 2 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 3 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 4 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 5 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 6 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 7 First real time in France- 10 nights
- 8 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 9 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 10 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 11 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 12 Weekend navigo options
- 13 Tuscany: best day trips/tours - cooking classes, wines tours, other...
- 14 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 15 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 16 DCC on the increase?
- 17 London for 18th bday
- 18 Travel throught Europe
- 19 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 20 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 21 Day on the Rhine
- 22 Spa in Scotland
- 23 Car Rentals in Athens
- 24 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 25 Greece for a month with a baby