My 22 year old son and I are planning a week in Norway this July. We're flying into Bergen and thinking of two full days there and then three days at the fjords on the way to Oslo. Part of our goal in the fjord area is to do some hiking as well as the scenic trains, fjord cruises, etc. Based on research, it sounds like a night each in Balestrand, Ulvik and the Flam/Aurland area (Stalheim Hotel sounds good) would be a good plan. We're doing everything by public transportation so will be hauling our luggage with us from point to point. I'd like to pre-book hotels for peace of mind. Question on the route - which order to do those three places if our starting point is Bergen and our end point is Oslo, and which means of conveyance is best between the fjord towns - train or bus?. Of course the scenic train ride back to Oslo is a must. Thanks.
Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Amafi coast
- 2 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 3 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 6 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 7 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 8 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 11 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 12 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 Terrorism in Europe
- 15 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 16 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 17 Language Camp ANTALYA
- 18 How much luggage?????
- 19 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 20 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Help neede with Liquria itinerary