Please help me fix my itinerary for our honeymoon next year. We have a little over a month, and we plan to cover 7 countries (it's our 'let's go to Europe now before kids and life get in the way" type of trip, so please bear with us). So here are the major details:
Who we are: newlyweds, in our 30s. fairly athletic, we love to walk around, we love art and history and food, not so much into beaches and our idea of night life is to sit at a bar and have a drink and watch people. We both like photography too, so lush landscapes and beautiful architecture are very much welcome.
When we're going: End of April to End of May 2014
Day 1: Fly into Amsterdam
Day 2: Amsterdam
Day 3: Amsterdam
Day 4: Amsterdam to Prague (fly)
Day 5: Prague
Day 6: Prague
Day 7: Prague to Vienna (train)
Day 8: Vienna
Day 9: Vienna to Venice (sleeper train)
Day 10: Venice
Day 11: Venice
Day 12: Venice to Florence (train)
Day 12: Florence
Day 13: Florence to Rome (train)
Day 14: Rome
Day 15: Rome
Day 16: Rome
Day 17: Rome to Paris (fly)
Day 18: Paris
Day 19: Paris
Day 20: Paris
Day 21: Paris
Day 22: Paris to London (train)
Day 23: London
Day 24: London
Day 25: London
Day 26: London
Day 27: London
Day 28: London to Edinburgh (train)
Day 29: Edinburgh
Day 30: Edinburgh to Ireland (either Belfast or Dublin, via train/ferry)
Day 31: Ireland
Day 32: Ireland
Day 33: Ireland
Day 34: Ireland
Day 35: Ireland
Day 36: Fly home
I've been to Paris and Italy while my fiance has not, and we've both been to Ireland twice, as his sister lives there).
I know the itinerary looks somewhat busy, but believe me that's already the watered down version haha, originally we wanted to spend time in Berlin, and Budapest, but we decided to focus on countries we really REALLY want to see. I know we can't explore the countries as thoroughly as we'd like, so we'll settle for "a taste of." Any inputs though? We can add 2 or 3 days max, but hopefully no more than that. Thanks Fodorites!
Advice on itinerary- 1 month stay in Europe!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 2 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 5 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Porto -City Break
- 8 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 11 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 12 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 13 Street food in Turkey
- 14 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 15 Three days in Spain
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 20 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 21 Prague - Tram #22
- 22 Day trip from London to Paris
- 23 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 24 A drive in Europe
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt