I am over 45 and have had a fantastic experience using hostels in Prague and Vienna. Never thought they would be so great (check out Mosaic Hostel in Prague). I have read conflicting views on Istanbul hostels in hostelworld.com. Was anyone there recently who can recommend shared female dorm situations? I am going this week. I am also weighing doing it on my own vs. paying $1100 for a group tour. If i want to stay for 4 or 5 days, what are the must -do's for a few days in istanbul and one or more other locations? Any tour company recommendations? Thanks!! ps- what is the next cheap destination one can get to from there..it looks like Sofia is close and thought there might be a cheap ferry option...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Amsterdam and...?
- 4 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 5 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 6 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 7 US foods not available in the UK
- 8 Andalucia Spain
- 9 Whistle stop family road trip
- 10 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 13 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 Driving in Italy
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 24 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 25 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017