I am over 45 and have had a fantastic experience using hostels in Prague and Vienna. Never thought they would be so great (check out Mosaic Hostel in Prague). I have read conflicting views on Istanbul hostels in hostelworld.com. Was anyone there recently who can recommend shared female dorm situations? I am going this week. I am also weighing doing it on my own vs. paying $1100 for a group tour. If i want to stay for 4 or 5 days, what are the must -do's for a few days in istanbul and one or more other locations? Any tour company recommendations? Thanks!! ps- what is the next cheap destination one can get to from there..it looks like Sofia is close and thought there might be a cheap ferry option...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Theater in London
- 3 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 4 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 5 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 6 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 Umbria / Le Marche
- 9 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 10 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 11 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 12 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 13 Food in Positano
- 14 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Katyn massacres
- 17 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 20 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 21 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 22 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 23 Ireland hotel questions
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 Italy