I am over 45 and have had a fantastic experience using hostels in Prague and Vienna. Never thought they would be so great (check out Mosaic Hostel in Prague). I have read conflicting views on Istanbul hostels in hostelworld.com. Was anyone there recently who can recommend shared female dorm situations? I am going this week. I am also weighing doing it on my own vs. paying $1100 for a group tour. If i want to stay for 4 or 5 days, what are the must -do's for a few days in istanbul and one or more other locations? Any tour company recommendations? Thanks!! ps- what is the next cheap destination one can get to from there..it looks like Sofia is close and thought there might be a cheap ferry option...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala