Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 2 Southwestern England
- 3 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 4 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 5 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 6 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 7 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 8 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 9 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 10 Paris Perfect Soap
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Train tickets within Italy
- 14 London/Help
- 15 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 16 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 17 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 18 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 19 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 20 Stay in Venice
- 21 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 22 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 23 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 24 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 25 Mont St. Michele?