Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Albania for Beginners
- 5 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 6 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 9 Istanbul hotels
- 10 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 11 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 12 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 15 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 16 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Family European winter holiday
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 24 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 25 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?