Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 3 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 4 Sicily - not a trip report
- 5 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 6 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 7 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 8 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 9 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 12 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 13 No points in Paris .....
- 14 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 15 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 16 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 17 What still confounds you about travel?
- 18 Three days in Spain
- 19 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 20 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 21 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Eurostar booking
- 24 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...