Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 7 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 10 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 11 Munich
- 12 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 16 Munich with a car?
- 17 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 22 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?