Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Madrid Card or Paseo del Arte pass
- 4 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 5 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 6 Istanbul water
- 7 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 8 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 9 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 10 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 11 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 12 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 13 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 14 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 15 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 16 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 17 Advice for a trip to Venice
- 18 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 19 Day Trips from Nice
- 20 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 21 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 22 Madrid: City Views
- 23 How much luggage?????
- 24 Cornwall or Paris?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal