Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 3 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 6 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 10 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 13 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 14 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 15 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 16 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 24 French Basque region
- 25 Italy + Greece in 14 days