Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wedding in Italy
- 2 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 3 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 travel to western Europe from India
- 6 I went to Paris in June
- 7 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 8 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 9 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 10 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 I'm in a funk
- 13 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 14 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 17 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 20 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 21 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 24 wineries near Ronda
- 25 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!