Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by train in Poland?
- 2 Trains Austria
- 3 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 4 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 5 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 6 Segovia or Toledo day trip
- 7 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 8 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 9 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 10 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 11 How can I use my Telus iPhone in Europe?
- 12 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 13 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 14 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 15 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 16 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 17 Staying in the Highlands
- 18 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 19 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 20 Road Trip Part 1...............Madrid To Lisbon by Auto
- 21 Train tickets France and Spain
- 22 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 23 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 24 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 25 Izmir or Bodrum in July?