Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting an apt.
- 2 April in Madrid
- 3 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 4 Scotland and northern England
- 5 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 6 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 7 Best london location to stay?
- 8 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 9 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 10 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 11 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 12 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 13 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 14 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 15 Best Tours of Europe
- 16 Making reservations in Italy
- 17 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 18 18 Days in Turkey
- 19 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 20 England, Paris itinerary help
- 21 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 22 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 23 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 24 northern Portugal
- 25 Food in the 14th arrondissement