Can anyone give advice on how long it would take to drive from Carlingford to Ballycastle in Northern Ireland on coastal roads, i.e., Coast Road to Torr Road to Cushendall Road? We will stop along the way, of course, but want to know what these roads are like. From Google maps they seem to be among the most narrow,and I bet the views are breathtaking--but what isn't in Ireland? We're trying to plan so that we are not driving more than four hours a day on back roads, but that doesn't count stops. In other words, if the drive took four hours without stops that would be fine. We will have the time, however, to take 8-10 hours and savour it. If it's more than four hours we will stop overnight in-between.
Advice on driving time in Northern Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 Planning a holiday
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 7 Gogartys, Dublin
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 11 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 12 15 days in Europe,
- 13 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 14 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 15 Advises for trip to Russia
- 16 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 17 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 18 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 Sicily 10 days
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice