My boyfriend and I are flying into Salzburg on 6th December, out of Klagenfurt 11th December. I have accommodation booked in Salzburg on the night of the 6th, and am looking for two different spots to spend the rest of the time. We are keen to take the train down to Klagenfurt and want to find two different areas to spend a couple of nights along the way.
What we are looking for:
- Somewhere in the mountains, very likely to have snow, really picturesque and traditional, lots of wood chalets, perhaps a village not too touristy but lots of local charm. We don't want to ski but like places with an apres ski feel and with things going on. We have heard that Carinthia is lovely for this, with huts, Christmassy feel, non skiing winter activities, perhaps sleigh rides through the snow. Any ideas on an Alpine town or village that fits the bill?
- Somewhere nearish Klagenfurt to spend the last two nights, perhaps near a lake or Christmas markets. It doesn't need to be in the mountains but somewhere with things to do, nice place to stay. Not too far from the airport, again we're looking for a lovely setting, nice restaurants and somewhere nice and romantic.
We're looking for places that are quite good value, and not too far off the train route down to Klagenfurt from Salzburg. We won't have a car. Does anyone have ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 2 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 3 Uffizi Phone Number
- 4 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 6 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 7 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 8 Cordoba Overnight?
- 9 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 10 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 11 Need Information about French Alps
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 14 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 19 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 20 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 21 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 22 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 25 Trip to Rome