My boyfriend and I are flying into Salzburg on 6th December, out of Klagenfurt 11th December. I have accommodation booked in Salzburg on the night of the 6th, and am looking for two different spots to spend the rest of the time. We are keen to take the train down to Klagenfurt and want to find two different areas to spend a couple of nights along the way.
What we are looking for:
- Somewhere in the mountains, very likely to have snow, really picturesque and traditional, lots of wood chalets, perhaps a village not too touristy but lots of local charm. We don't want to ski but like places with an apres ski feel and with things going on. We have heard that Carinthia is lovely for this, with huts, Christmassy feel, non skiing winter activities, perhaps sleigh rides through the snow. Any ideas on an Alpine town or village that fits the bill?
- Somewhere nearish Klagenfurt to spend the last two nights, perhaps near a lake or Christmas markets. It doesn't need to be in the mountains but somewhere with things to do, nice place to stay. Not too far from the airport, again we're looking for a lovely setting, nice restaurants and somewhere nice and romantic.
We're looking for places that are quite good value, and not too far off the train route down to Klagenfurt from Salzburg. We won't have a car. Does anyone have ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 챔피언카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 3 슈퍼맨카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 Crete Holiday
- 6 Apartment Montreux area
- 7 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 8 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 9 Safety in Rome
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 13 Europe First Timers
- 14 Greek Village
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Uber vs. TfL
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 19 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 20 base in brussels
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 24 Berlin
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona