My boyfriend and I are flying into Salzburg on 6th December, out of Klagenfurt 11th December. I have accommodation booked in Salzburg on the night of the 6th, and am looking for two different spots to spend the rest of the time. We are keen to take the train down to Klagenfurt and want to find two different areas to spend a couple of nights along the way.
What we are looking for:
- Somewhere in the mountains, very likely to have snow, really picturesque and traditional, lots of wood chalets, perhaps a village not too touristy but lots of local charm. We don't want to ski but like places with an apres ski feel and with things going on. We have heard that Carinthia is lovely for this, with huts, Christmassy feel, non skiing winter activities, perhaps sleigh rides through the snow. Any ideas on an Alpine town or village that fits the bill?
- Somewhere nearish Klagenfurt to spend the last two nights, perhaps near a lake or Christmas markets. It doesn't need to be in the mountains but somewhere with things to do, nice place to stay. Not too far from the airport, again we're looking for a lovely setting, nice restaurants and somewhere nice and romantic.
We're looking for places that are quite good value, and not too far off the train route down to Klagenfurt from Salzburg. We won't have a car. Does anyone have ideas?
Advice on December itinerary: Salzburg to Klagenfurt
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 3 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 4 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 5 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 6 Car in Prague
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 10 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 11 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 12 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 13 Family European winter holiday
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 16 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 17 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 20 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 21 Italian Lakes gardens
- 22 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 23 Dresden Train Station
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Scandinavia Itinerary