We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 2 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 3 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 4 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 5 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 6 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 7 Eating in University cafeterias
- 8 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 9 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 10 Does this sound feasible?
- 11 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 12 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 13 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 14 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 17 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 18 Paris first then where?
- 19 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 20 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 21 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 22 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 23 house-renting safe in Slovenija?
- 24 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 25 Easier travel