We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 2 Getting cash in Spain
- 3 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 4 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 5 Cotswolds village base
- 6 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 7 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 8 First Time Going to Europe
- 9 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 10 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 11 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 12 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 13 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 14 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 15 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 16 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 17 International driving permit required in France?
- 18 How long in Venice?
- 19 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 20 Hotel in Rome?
- 21 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 23 Traditional food in Athens
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's