We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 2 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 5 Positano, Italy
- 6 Nice Video about Poland
- 7 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 8 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 9 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 10 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 11 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 12 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 13 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Vienna highlights
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 Estonia Amber
- 22 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Munich
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium