We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Switzerland
- 2 Greece after the Vote
- 3 Day Trips from Paris
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Home Base in Belgium
- 6 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 7 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 8 Now for the Venice hotel
- 9 London Pass
- 10 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 11 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 12 Potential trip - Balkans
- 13 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 16 A Week in Spain
- 17 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 18 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 19 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 20 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 21 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 22 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 23 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 24 week in scotland
- 25 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station