We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 2 Liverpool to London
- 3 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 4 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 5 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 6 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 7 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 8 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 9 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 11 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 12 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 13 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 14 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 15 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 16 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 17 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 18 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 19 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 20 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 21 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 22 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 23 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 24 DVD players in France
- 25 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help