We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 4 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 8 Gite and/or agritourism
- 9 20 days in Germany
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 12 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 England and Scotland
- 17 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 18 Athens/Istanbul March
- 19 French open
- 20 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 21 Azores
- 22 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German