We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 2 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 3 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 4 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 5 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 6 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 7 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 8 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 9 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 10 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 11 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 12 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 13 France 8 days
- 14 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 15 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 16 milan austria
- 17 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 18 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 19 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 20 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 21 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 22 Malaga article
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 25 Car rental at Athens airport