We are spending 2 nights in Salzsburg and then basing in Mittenwald for 3 nights before heading off to Rothenburg and Munich. I'm trying to make sure that our itneneraries on the 3 driving days are doable. 1)on the day we drive from Salzburg to Mittenwald can we visit Berchtesgaden, and Herrenchiemsee on the same day. 2) from Mittenwald can we fit in a short visit to Oberammergau then Linderhof, take the scenic route by Plansee to Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau 3) If the weather is good take the cable car up Zugspitz on the Austrian side and then Innsbruck for the day. I'd prefer to be back before dark so I don't want to get too crazy. The distances don't look great but I have no idea how twisty or slow the roads are. Thanks for your help!
Advice on day trips in Bavaria in October
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 2 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 3 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 4 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 5 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 6 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 7 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 8 Sammezzano update
- 9 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 10 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 11 ideas for Portugal please
- 12 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 13 Catalonia
- 14 Macarons!
- 15 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 16 Transportation in Paris
- 17 airport transportation
- 18 2 Days in Brussels
- 19 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 20 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 21 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 22 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 25 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?