Two friends and I are planning to travel Europe for a month in May. We have most of our itinerary planned out but are stuck between two places for our last destination. Edinburgh and San Sebastian. I know they couldn't be anymore different so the decision is difficult, but any clarity would be fantastic. We are 20 years old and are looking for fun, high energy places but at the same time want to cross those cities of our bucket lists that have amazed us for so many years.
Here is what intrigues us about each:
we would love to go surfing while in Europe and have learned that the waves here are pretty great. The city center looks extremely interesting and its proximity to a fantastic beach excites us. Pinxtos looks amazing and we have heard the nightlife is quite good. My only worry is that we are also visiting corfu, Ibiza and Barcelona, all being major beach areas I don't want our trip to kind of blur into one.
We went to Ireland on a rugby tour a few years ago and fell in love and Edinburgh, from what Ive heard, has somewhat of a similar vibe. I am in love with cobble stone and castles so not only does the city interest me but to get into the highlands as well would be a delight. It would add some diversity to our trip. We are flying into London so it is not too far off our route. My two friends worry that there isn't much to entertain us in the city. I feel the opposite.
If anyone could shed any light on the two destinations that would be great. Personal experiences, or research you have done would be extremely helpful.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:888:279:0246 Tec*h Hel 24*7
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 11 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 retruning to US with souveniers
- 16 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 17 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 18 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 22 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights