Two friends and I are planning to travel Europe for a month in May. We have most of our itinerary planned out but are stuck between two places for our last destination. Edinburgh and San Sebastian. I know they couldn't be anymore different so the decision is difficult, but any clarity would be fantastic. We are 20 years old and are looking for fun, high energy places but at the same time want to cross those cities of our bucket lists that have amazed us for so many years.
Here is what intrigues us about each:
we would love to go surfing while in Europe and have learned that the waves here are pretty great. The city center looks extremely interesting and its proximity to a fantastic beach excites us. Pinxtos looks amazing and we have heard the nightlife is quite good. My only worry is that we are also visiting corfu, Ibiza and Barcelona, all being major beach areas I don't want our trip to kind of blur into one.
We went to Ireland on a rugby tour a few years ago and fell in love and Edinburgh, from what Ive heard, has somewhat of a similar vibe. I am in love with cobble stone and castles so not only does the city interest me but to get into the highlands as well would be a delight. It would add some diversity to our trip. We are flying into London so it is not too far off our route. My two friends worry that there isn't much to entertain us in the city. I feel the opposite.
If anyone could shed any light on the two destinations that would be great. Personal experiences, or research you have done would be extremely helpful.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Milan or Turin
- 8 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 17 Iceland early december visit
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 God Save the Queen?
- 21 Road trip with our dog
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 24 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers