Two friends and I are planning to travel Europe for a month in May. We have most of our itinerary planned out but are stuck between two places for our last destination. Edinburgh and San Sebastian. I know they couldn't be anymore different so the decision is difficult, but any clarity would be fantastic. We are 20 years old and are looking for fun, high energy places but at the same time want to cross those cities of our bucket lists that have amazed us for so many years.
Here is what intrigues us about each:
we would love to go surfing while in Europe and have learned that the waves here are pretty great. The city center looks extremely interesting and its proximity to a fantastic beach excites us. Pinxtos looks amazing and we have heard the nightlife is quite good. My only worry is that we are also visiting corfu, Ibiza and Barcelona, all being major beach areas I don't want our trip to kind of blur into one.
We went to Ireland on a rugby tour a few years ago and fell in love and Edinburgh, from what Ive heard, has somewhat of a similar vibe. I am in love with cobble stone and castles so not only does the city interest me but to get into the highlands as well would be a delight. It would add some diversity to our trip. We are flying into London so it is not too far off our route. My two friends worry that there isn't much to entertain us in the city. I feel the opposite.
If anyone could shed any light on the two destinations that would be great. Personal experiences, or research you have done would be extremely helpful.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼앙헬레스바카라
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 4 Confused on which train pass
- 5 Best of Norway
- 6 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 7 Brussels, Belgium
- 8 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 9 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 10 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 11 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 12 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 13 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 14 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 15 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Train up the Jungfrau
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 21 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 22 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 23 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 24 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 25 Barcelona plus Montserrat plus Costa Brava plus San Sebastian in 9 days?