Two friends and I are planning to travel Europe for a month in May. We have most of our itinerary planned out but are stuck between two places for our last destination. Edinburgh and San Sebastian. I know they couldn't be anymore different so the decision is difficult, but any clarity would be fantastic. We are 20 years old and are looking for fun, high energy places but at the same time want to cross those cities of our bucket lists that have amazed us for so many years.
Here is what intrigues us about each:
we would love to go surfing while in Europe and have learned that the waves here are pretty great. The city center looks extremely interesting and its proximity to a fantastic beach excites us. Pinxtos looks amazing and we have heard the nightlife is quite good. My only worry is that we are also visiting corfu, Ibiza and Barcelona, all being major beach areas I don't want our trip to kind of blur into one.
We went to Ireland on a rugby tour a few years ago and fell in love and Edinburgh, from what Ive heard, has somewhat of a similar vibe. I am in love with cobble stone and castles so not only does the city interest me but to get into the highlands as well would be a delight. It would add some diversity to our trip. We are flying into London so it is not too far off our route. My two friends worry that there isn't much to entertain us in the city. I feel the opposite.
If anyone could shed any light on the two destinations that would be great. Personal experiences, or research you have done would be extremely helpful.
Thank you all
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy travel plan help
- 2 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 7 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 14 Poland to Austria In December
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Wales
- 17 Paris in early august
- 18 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more