I need advice!
Two of my friends and I (ages 24-28) are planning a trip to the UK this June (2014). We have 3.5 weeks to travel around (not including flights from the US). Any advice you have on things to do/see or restaurants/specific foods to try or B+Bs/hostels to stay at would be much appreciated. I have been reading forums/blogs about these places, but I am now posting here to get advice about our planned itinerary and any other advice you might have regarding restaurants/B+Bs/etc. As background on us, we are interested in meeting people, eating local foods, seeing the landscapes, learning about the history, and seeing some shows in London. We do not drink/go to clubs. We are just interested in experiencing the culture, seeing and learning a lot, and having a good visit. Budget is about $3500 (excluding airfare to Europe).
So, our planned itinerary is as follows:
Fly into Bristol. Stay 2 nights (visit Cardiff while there).
Fly from Bristol to Dublin via Ryanair. Stay 2 nights.
Rent a car, drive from Dublin to Galway/Cliffs of Moher/Aran islands. 2-3 nights.
Drive from Galway to either Dingle (2 nights) or Donegal (2 nights).
Drive from either Dingle/Donegal to Dublin. Return rental car.
Fly via Ryanair from Dublin to Edinburgh. 2 nights.
Train down from Edinburgh to Manchester. 1 night.
(visit Liverpool if there is time)
Rent car, drive from Manchester to Keswick. 2 nights.
Drive back to Manchester, take train down to London.
London, 6 nights.
Train from London to Paris.
Paris, 4 nights.
Is this itinerary too rushed? Are there any cities we should see that I did not include but are sort of along the way of this proposed route? Any places on here that you do not recommend? If we had to cut out either Bristol or Edinburgh, which would you suggest skipping? And, any opinions on Donegal vs Dingle?
Also, as I mentioned above, any advice about places to stay/restaurants to try would be great. And, does anyone know of special events/festivals happening in any of these places during June?
I’ve gotten a pretty good idea about the trains/car rentals/flights from what I’ve read online, but any advice on that would be appreciated as well.
I know this is a lot to ask – I appreciate your help, time and advice! Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Rome to venice
- 3 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Areas in Milan
- 13 Melia Colbert Paris
- 14 Perugia
- 15 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Help please
- 18 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 19 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 20 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 21 St Denis Cathedral
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 Praiano
Advice on Bristol, Dublin, Galway, Donegal, Dingle, Edinburgh, Manchester?