I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 2 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 3 Where to eat in Rome?
- 4 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Italy travel plan help
- 8 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?