I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Advice on backpacking trip for a lone young lady
- 1 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 2 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 3 Gogartys, Dublin
- 4 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Europe with young teens
- 8 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 9 15 days in Europe,
- 10 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 22 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 23 Prague - must see
- 24 Sicily 10 days
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris