I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 4 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 5 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 6 http://www.thecrazymass.com/revitasence/
- 7 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 8 Judging through my prior capabilities
- 9 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 10 Movers and Packers in Mumbai @ http://4th.co.in/packers-and-movers-mumbai/
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 13 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 14 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 15 Venice to Croatia
- 16 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 17 Amsterdam in August
- 18 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 19 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 20 Prague-Vienna-Salzburg-Lech-Munich
- 21 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 22 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 23 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 24 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 25 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?