I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malpensa - Verona
- 2 Italy itinerary - activity suggestions
- 3 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 4 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 5 Need feedback... France to Italy
- 6 Greece after the Vote
- 7 3-week Spain Itinerary, Feedback Please!
- 8 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 9 2 nights in Cinque Terre
- 10 First trip to Europe and going alone.
- 11 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 12 Italian rail travel
- 13 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 14 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 15 My Trip to Spain blew up. Need Barcelona help
- 16 Portugal Transportation
- 17 Amsterdam River Cruise Terminal to The Hague
- 18 2 Week European Itinerary
- 19 Itinerary Cote d'azur from Nice
- 20 Bob Dylan in Donostia-San Sebastian 11 July 2015
- 21 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 22 Provence planning
- 23 Venice to Como and Como to Zermatt - Do we really need reservations way in advance or is 2 days ok?
- 24 Paris birthday dinner for 10yo
- 25 Is Valladolid a place visit?