I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 2 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 3 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 4 Private transportation
- 5 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 6 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 8 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 11 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 12 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 13 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 14 Global Travel Warning...
- 15 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 16 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 19 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 20 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 21 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 22 Advices about our itiniary
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 A week in Burgundy
- 25 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary