I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 2 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 free international phone calls
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 8 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 9 London 6 day itinerary
- 10 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 11 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 12 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 13 International drivers permit
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 16 France Study Abroad
- 17 Paris and Normandy
- 18 Sicily Beach Resort
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see