I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Advice on backpacking trip for a lone young lady
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 2 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 6 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 11 What to wear
- 12 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 13 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 16 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 17 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 18 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 23 german rail ticket question
- 24 Tipping in Greece
- 25 Fashion for larger man?