I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Advice on backpacking trip for a lone young lady
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cannes >> Corsica
- 2 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 3 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 4 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 5 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 6 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 7 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 8 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 9 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 10 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 11 Help with a small island in Greece
- 12 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 13 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 14 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 15 International driving permit required in France?
- 16 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 17 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 18 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 19 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 23 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 24 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 25 Versailles King's Chamber Tour