I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 2 Sicily or Rome
- 3 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 4 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 5 Italy
- 6 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 7 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 8 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 9 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 10 When and how to book for a trip?
- 11 Provence to Nice driving
- 12 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 13 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 14 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 15 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 16 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Small detour from Paris
- 20 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 21 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 22 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 23 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 24 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 25 please revew provence agenda