I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 Bruges
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 18 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 19 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 20 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 21 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 22 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 23 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 24 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?