I will be doing my first backpacking trip and it will be in Europe in Oct - end Nov or mid Dec. Some information about me. I'm 26 and I love beautiful architectures, learning about the different countries, their people and culture (so I do like to visit museums, but maybe not too many as I can spend the whole day in one! haha) and things that are out of the ordinary (E.g. the Blue Cave and Northern lights! =] ). I was an early childhood educator. So interesting things about children (e.g. interesting playgrounds, schools), I'll be interested too.
Firstly I'm from Singapore. Hence I do not experience fall so I will need some advice on packing for the season. Secondly, I have lots of places I want to visit but I'm not really sure whether I can fit all of them in, whether they're worth going and how easy it is to get to each place. Thirdly, I do have a budget. So I will be travelling mostly by train and bus (planning to get a train pass, if that's possible). Lastly, I will be travelling alone (for most places). So safety advices are MUCH appreciated. =)
As I'm currently in Switzerland, I will start off from there.
5-7 Oct => Interlaken - Jungfrau (With friends)
8-11 Oct => Salzburg (possibly, with a friend)
After that I do not really have the no. of days/nights I am spending in each cities. But below is the planned route.
Frankfurt (to visit a friend)
Stockholm (Northern Lights) *Any recommendation for the dates?
- Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Blue Cave
- Melissani Cave
Zurich (My flight will be from Zurich)
If you think that I should put in some cities or remove some, do let me know too.
P.S.: I've explored most parts of Switzerland and had been to Vienna, Budapest and Prague last year.
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 2 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 3 barcelona
- 4 Switzeraland Iternary
- 5 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 6 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 7 Barcelona sites: attire
- 8 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 9 Train Travel in Germany
- 10 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 11 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 12 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 13 Barcelona Itinerary
- 14 Texans Take a Tour
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 17 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 20 One night in Amsterdam?
- 21 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 22 A plethora of islands
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 25 10 days in spain