My sig other and I (30s, adventurous, foodies) have cobbled together the following itinerary for our 4 fun filled days in Provence in mid-September. Please let me know your thoughts! I'm bad at narrowing things down, and while I would rather include more options then less (if we get to the first village that day and decide to stay there and skip all the rest, I'm fine with it), let me know if there is anything you think I can drop if this itinerary is completely undoable. Or if there are any swaps/trades we should do.
Thursday - Nice to Provence
Leave Nice at 1pm and drive from Nice to Le Mas d'Aigret in Les Baux de Provence, stopping at Fayence, Chateaudouble, Tourtour, and Cotignac
Friday - explore Les Baux and St. Remy
Morning: visit the Château des Baux, the town, and Carrieres Lumieres
Afternoon and Evening: Visit Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and St Paul de Mausole
Saturday - Aix-en-Provence & Cassis
Sunday - Many a village/town
Morning: Market at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
Afternoon/Evening: wander around and explore Roussillon, Lourmarin, Gordes, Lacoste, Bonnieux, Ménerbes, Saignon, Goult
Monday - leave hotel and visit one or two last villages (maybe Apt and Cucuron) before driving back to Nice to arrive by 1pm
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy