I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Advice on Amsterdam Weekend: 2-3 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 4 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 20 No points in Paris .....
- 21 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 22 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Pronunciation