I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Trip suggestion
- 3 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 6 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 7 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 8 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 9 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 13 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 17 Spain in July
- 18 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 We're here!