I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moldova and Transnistria
- 2 The DCC scam is spreading
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 5 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 6 Places to visit from Zurich
- 7 Loire Valley restaurants
- 8 Rome Water Shortage
- 9 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 10 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 11 Appenzell in December?
- 12 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 Driving in Italy
- 15 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 16 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 17 Day Trips from Granada
- 18 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Christmas in Spain
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 25 Update on Bob the Navigator