I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Advice on Amsterdam Weekend: 2-3 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Nice Video about Poland
- 4 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 5 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 6 itinerary help
- 7 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 8 Reims for a day
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 12 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 13 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 17 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 23 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 24 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 25 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London