I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 2 New Airline for Naxos
- 3 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 4 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 5 Salzburg Christmas Eve Dinner
- 6 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 7 RHK's Fall escape
- 8 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 9 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 10 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 11 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 12 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 13 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 14 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 15 2 days in Aeolian Islands
- 16 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 17 Edgard bus website English version?
- 18 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 19 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 20 Europe Itinerary
- 21 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 22 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 25 Charming hotel in Milan?