I will be in Dusseldorf on business, starting week of 27th January, and will take the opportunity to spend the following weekend in Amsterdam, based on excellent advice from PalanQ (many thanks PalanQ!).
I can definitely do the Saturday and Sunday, and may be able to do Monday as well.
I have ordered books from Amazon, which should arrive on Thursday.
In the meantime, I have reviewed information on Fodors, and have decided on my ‘Musts’ and ‘Likes’. I’d appreciate your help in planning the trip, particularly to do with timing – I always try to do too much, in too short a time! Please feel free to critique, and help me make the best use of my time.
Museums: Total time – 14 hours: Already there is a problem, as I could spend both Saturday & Sunday in the Museums!
- Rijksmuseum: 3 hours minimum (Committed to this one, I could spend an entire week there)
- Van Gogh Museum: 2 hours (could shorten it)
- Hermitage: 2 hours (Seems interesting)
- Stedelijk: 2 hours (Could skip it)
- THE TROPPEN MUSEUM: 2 hours (Really interested in seeing this one)
- Our Lord of the Attic: 1 Hour (Committed to this one)
- Jewish Museum: 2 hours (Committed to this one)
Canal Cruise: Definitely want to do it: How long does it take – I assume about 3 hours? Can you recommend a good one?
Walking: I want to walk as much as I can, if the weather is forgiving. The books I have ordered will provide good walking tours which I can do on my own. Should I consider an organized tour? I assume a walking tour of major sites will take about a full day?
Food: On previous visits, several years ago, I had the most magnificent Indonesian food. I want to eat Indonesian food for lunch and dinner on this trip. Please share your favourites.
Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.
Bes regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 2 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 3 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Theater in London
- 7 Umbria / Le Marche
- 8 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 9 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 10 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 11 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 12 Food in Positano
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 15 Katyn massacres
- 16 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 17 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 18 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 19 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 20 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 21 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 22 Ireland hotel questions
- 23 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 24 Italy
- 25 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe