My husband and I are planning an 8 day trip in late September/early October. We have both spent extensive time in London but my husband has never been anywhere else in the UK (I have, but a LONG time ago). I would like to give him a flavor of what else the country has to offer and don't want to spend all our time in cities. Enjoy history, scenery, food, architecture, walking, heritage sites. We generally like to have a car on holiday so we can explore independently. I would appreciate any input on the following itinerary that I've developed which I'm hoping captures a bit of a good feel for what England has to offer without stretching ourselves too thinly. Any input most appreciated!
Day 1 - AM Arrive Heathrow - Bus to Oxford
Day 2 - Visit Warwick Castle by Train - Overnight in Oxford
Day 3 - Pick up Car - Visit Stratford-on-Avon - on to Cotswolds base town (? Advice?)
Day 4 - Explore Cotswolds by car or on foot weather depending (stay in Cotswolds)
Day 5 - Visit Blenheim and on to Bath
Day 6 - Visit Salisbury/Stonehenge (overnight Bath)
Day 7 - Relax/Sightsee in Bath
Day 8 - Visit Hampton Court Palace/Return Car & Heathrow - Flight @ 8:30 PM
As always, thanks to the Fodorites for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 11 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 14 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Paris to Italy
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Milan or Turin