My husband and I are planning an 8 day trip in late September/early October. We have both spent extensive time in London but my husband has never been anywhere else in the UK (I have, but a LONG time ago). I would like to give him a flavor of what else the country has to offer and don't want to spend all our time in cities. Enjoy history, scenery, food, architecture, walking, heritage sites. We generally like to have a car on holiday so we can explore independently. I would appreciate any input on the following itinerary that I've developed which I'm hoping captures a bit of a good feel for what England has to offer without stretching ourselves too thinly. Any input most appreciated!
Day 1 - AM Arrive Heathrow - Bus to Oxford
Day 2 - Visit Warwick Castle by Train - Overnight in Oxford
Day 3 - Pick up Car - Visit Stratford-on-Avon - on to Cotswolds base town (? Advice?)
Day 4 - Explore Cotswolds by car or on foot weather depending (stay in Cotswolds)
Day 5 - Visit Blenheim and on to Bath
Day 6 - Visit Salisbury/Stonehenge (overnight Bath)
Day 7 - Relax/Sightsee in Bath
Day 8 - Visit Hampton Court Palace/Return Car & Heathrow - Flight @ 8:30 PM
As always, thanks to the Fodorites for your expertise!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living