Hi Fellow travellers,
We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 2. We have rented an apartment near the Colosseo and we won't be driving so main transportation means will be Metro / Train and I've come up with the draft itenenary as follows, please see if you have comments / suggestions.
Some other questions:
1. Debating between going to Tivoli or Orvieto as day trip. Which is better? Should we go to both?
2. Is spending an entire day at Tivoli or Orvieto too much? Not enough to see in these two towns?
3. Have been searching for the mass time of San Silvestro in Capite church (near Trevi Fountain) on Sundays, but cannot find it on-line. Anyone knows?
4. Are shops closed from 3 to 6pm? What time do they open till?
Afternoon – lunch around hotel neighbourhood / groceries
Evening – Spanish steps / Trevi Fountain dinner
Morning – Colesseum / Roman Forum (opens at 9am – try to be early morning so less hot)
Afternoon – lunch in area of Roman Forum, can go home to rest, then early afternoon – Santa Maria Maggiore
Evening – Shopping around Via del Corso (from 4 to 7), then dinner
Morning - Tivoli
Afternoon - Tivoli
Evening – dinner in Tivoli / or can go back to Rome
Morning – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Afternoon – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Evening – Trastevere for dinner
Morning – Mass at 10am at St. Sylvester church in English
Afternoon – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Evening – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Morning – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Afternoon – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Evening – Rome dinner
Morning - depart
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 3 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 Happy birthday ATM
- 6 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 11 2 days in Lugano area
- 12 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 13 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 18 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 25 Italy in January?
Hi Fellow travellers,