Hi Fellow travellers,
We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 2. We have rented an apartment near the Colosseo and we won't be driving so main transportation means will be Metro / Train and I've come up with the draft itenenary as follows, please see if you have comments / suggestions.
Some other questions:
1. Debating between going to Tivoli or Orvieto as day trip. Which is better? Should we go to both?
2. Is spending an entire day at Tivoli or Orvieto too much? Not enough to see in these two towns?
3. Have been searching for the mass time of San Silvestro in Capite church (near Trevi Fountain) on Sundays, but cannot find it on-line. Anyone knows?
4. Are shops closed from 3 to 6pm? What time do they open till?
Afternoon – lunch around hotel neighbourhood / groceries
Evening – Spanish steps / Trevi Fountain dinner
Morning – Colesseum / Roman Forum (opens at 9am – try to be early morning so less hot)
Afternoon – lunch in area of Roman Forum, can go home to rest, then early afternoon – Santa Maria Maggiore
Evening – Shopping around Via del Corso (from 4 to 7), then dinner
Morning - Tivoli
Afternoon - Tivoli
Evening – dinner in Tivoli / or can go back to Rome
Morning – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Afternoon – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Evening – Trastevere for dinner
Morning – Mass at 10am at St. Sylvester church in English
Afternoon – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Evening – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Morning – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Afternoon – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Evening – Rome dinner
Morning - depart
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Electrical Power Conversion
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Douro Valley in January?
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 10 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 11 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 24 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 25 Barcelona alternative
Hi Fellow travellers,