Hi Fellow travellers,
We are a group of 6 adults and 2 children aged 3 and 2. We have rented an apartment near the Colosseo and we won't be driving so main transportation means will be Metro / Train and I've come up with the draft itenenary as follows, please see if you have comments / suggestions.
Some other questions:
1. Debating between going to Tivoli or Orvieto as day trip. Which is better? Should we go to both?
2. Is spending an entire day at Tivoli or Orvieto too much? Not enough to see in these two towns?
3. Have been searching for the mass time of San Silvestro in Capite church (near Trevi Fountain) on Sundays, but cannot find it on-line. Anyone knows?
4. Are shops closed from 3 to 6pm? What time do they open till?
Afternoon – lunch around hotel neighbourhood / groceries
Evening – Spanish steps / Trevi Fountain dinner
Morning – Colesseum / Roman Forum (opens at 9am – try to be early morning so less hot)
Afternoon – lunch in area of Roman Forum, can go home to rest, then early afternoon – Santa Maria Maggiore
Evening – Shopping around Via del Corso (from 4 to 7), then dinner
Morning - Tivoli
Afternoon - Tivoli
Evening – dinner in Tivoli / or can go back to Rome
Morning – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Afternoon – Vatican museum / Sistine Chapel / St Peters Square
Evening – Trastevere for dinner
Morning – Mass at 10am at St. Sylvester church in English
Afternoon – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Evening – Piazza Navona shopping and dinner late afternoon
Morning – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Afternoon – St. Sebastian Church near Catacomb OR Orvieto
Evening – Rome dinner
Morning - depart
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 21 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
Hi Fellow travellers,