My husband and I are flying into and out of Geneva (arriving May 5 and departing May 22). We got a great price on the flights to and from Geneva but aren't necessarily planning on spending a ton of time in the area - maybe just a day or two at the end of the trip.
We were looking at some flights on Easy Jet and were considering booking an easy jet flight from Geneva to Corsica on May 5th. After that, we would like to go and explore Italy. I've only just started my research so we don't have many firm plans about Italy but were considering the idea of spending some time in Tuscany. We love to explore, we enjoy history, art, and "old stuff", as my husband might say. We are also hoping to have some time to really relax and unwind at the end of the trip.
My questions are:
1. Does it make sense to fly to Corsica from Geneva (the price was quite reasonable on Easy Jet) on the day we arrive from Canada?
2. Any suggestions on how long we should spend in Corsica? Also, any highlights that you can suggest?
3. Any ideas on an itinerary for Italy in May? We are open to the idea of a car (we did quite a bit of driving in France and in Turkey although we used public transport in major cities) but if a train or flights would be better, we could do that to.
4. I don't know much at all about the area around Geneva but if you think it makes sense to spend time in the area and have ideas, I would love to hear them.
In reading many of the posts, it seems like everyone on this forum has so much great information so thank you for taking the time to read this and respond!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Volendam or Hoorn?
- 2 Warsaw/Krakow other lovely towns?
- 3 Scotland travel in August
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 Venice to the Lakes, by car or train?
- 6 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 7 Spain/Renfe
- 8 My final Prague itinerary
- 9 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 10 WiFi in France
- 11 First time in Italy / Advice in Tuscan destinations
- 12 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 13 Valencia Spain
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Southern France Small Towns for Expat Retirement
- 16 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 23 Make your Mother’s Day celebration grander with flowers and gifts
- 24 Best neighborhood for apartment in Lisbon?
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux