My husband and I are flying into and out of Geneva (arriving May 5 and departing May 22). We got a great price on the flights to and from Geneva but aren't necessarily planning on spending a ton of time in the area - maybe just a day or two at the end of the trip.
We were looking at some flights on Easy Jet and were considering booking an easy jet flight from Geneva to Corsica on May 5th. After that, we would like to go and explore Italy. I've only just started my research so we don't have many firm plans about Italy but were considering the idea of spending some time in Tuscany. We love to explore, we enjoy history, art, and "old stuff", as my husband might say. We are also hoping to have some time to really relax and unwind at the end of the trip.
My questions are:
1. Does it make sense to fly to Corsica from Geneva (the price was quite reasonable on Easy Jet) on the day we arrive from Canada?
2. Any suggestions on how long we should spend in Corsica? Also, any highlights that you can suggest?
3. Any ideas on an itinerary for Italy in May? We are open to the idea of a car (we did quite a bit of driving in France and in Turkey although we used public transport in major cities) but if a train or flights would be better, we could do that to.
4. I don't know much at all about the area around Geneva but if you think it makes sense to spend time in the area and have ideas, I would love to hear them.
In reading many of the posts, it seems like everyone on this forum has so much great information so thank you for taking the time to read this and respond!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 4 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 5 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 6 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 7 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 8 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 9 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 10 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 13 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 14 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 17 Passport proplems
- 18 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 23 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 24 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome