My husband and I are taking our honeymoon in Europe and will be visiting London, Switzerland, and Italy (in that order) in August. We have devoted about 2.5/ 3 days to Switzerland, where our main focus will be on seeing the beautiful Alps. With that in mind, I would appreciate some advice.
Upon landing in Zurich at about 4 pm on a Monday, do you advise heading straight from the airport in Zurich to Wengen (where we would like to stay to see the Alps) , and staying there for the entire time to maximize time spent in the mountains, or do you think it's worthwhile to spend a bit of time in Zurich (Lake Zurich, the Old City, Bahnofstrasse, etc) and Lucerne (Mt Rigi, Titlis) before heading to Wengen? (e.g. touring Zurich the day we land, then staying the night (monday evening) in Lucerne, exploring Lucerne/Titlis the next day (Tuesday) then heading to Wengen Tuesday night through Thursday morning.)
We are leaving to Milan-Venice that Thursday morning (to take advantage of the scenic route to Italy, which takes around 8 hours), so in actuality it would only be two full days in Switzerland I know it's not much....
Is Lucerne/Zurich worthwhile to see, even if it means detracting from limited time spent in the Alps?
Would appreciate any advise, please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Towersey, London
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Amalfi Coast help
- 21 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 22 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!