My husband and I are taking our honeymoon in Europe and will be visiting London, Switzerland, and Italy (in that order) in August. We have devoted about 2.5/ 3 days to Switzerland, where our main focus will be on seeing the beautiful Alps. With that in mind, I would appreciate some advice.
Upon landing in Zurich at about 4 pm on a Monday, do you advise heading straight from the airport in Zurich to Wengen (where we would like to stay to see the Alps) , and staying there for the entire time to maximize time spent in the mountains, or do you think it's worthwhile to spend a bit of time in Zurich (Lake Zurich, the Old City, Bahnofstrasse, etc) and Lucerne (Mt Rigi, Titlis) before heading to Wengen? (e.g. touring Zurich the day we land, then staying the night (monday evening) in Lucerne, exploring Lucerne/Titlis the next day (Tuesday) then heading to Wengen Tuesday night through Thursday morning.)
We are leaving to Milan-Venice that Thursday morning (to take advantage of the scenic route to Italy, which takes around 8 hours), so in actuality it would only be two full days in Switzerland I know it's not much....
Is Lucerne/Zurich worthwhile to see, even if it means detracting from limited time spent in the Alps?
Would appreciate any advise, please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 2 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 7 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 12 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 13 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 14 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Switzerland in October
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 22 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 23 Tuscany First Time
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.