My husband and I are taking our honeymoon in Europe and will be visiting London, Switzerland, and Italy (in that order) in August. We have devoted about 2.5/ 3 days to Switzerland, where our main focus will be on seeing the beautiful Alps. With that in mind, I would appreciate some advice.
Upon landing in Zurich at about 4 pm on a Monday, do you advise heading straight from the airport in Zurich to Wengen (where we would like to stay to see the Alps) , and staying there for the entire time to maximize time spent in the mountains, or do you think it's worthwhile to spend a bit of time in Zurich (Lake Zurich, the Old City, Bahnofstrasse, etc) and Lucerne (Mt Rigi, Titlis) before heading to Wengen? (e.g. touring Zurich the day we land, then staying the night (monday evening) in Lucerne, exploring Lucerne/Titlis the next day (Tuesday) then heading to Wengen Tuesday night through Thursday morning.)
We are leaving to Milan-Venice that Thursday morning (to take advantage of the scenic route to Italy, which takes around 8 hours), so in actuality it would only be two full days in Switzerland I know it's not much....
Is Lucerne/Zurich worthwhile to see, even if it means detracting from limited time spent in the Alps?
Would appreciate any advise, please!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 We're here!
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Where to enjoy Paris
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 12 10 days in Paris and......
- 13 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Athens
- 16 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 17 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 18 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 19 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 20 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 21 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 24 Budapest & Prague
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations