I'm hoping to get some advice... my husband, kids (ages 9 and 10) and I will have two full days in Killarney in August. We'd like to see as much as possible (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula and Killarney National Park) but don't know how much is actually feasible. We will have a car, although I'm a little nervous about driving the ROK from what I've read. We love national parks (our main trips in the US). We love driving and exploring, and stopping along the way for short hikes/walks. We don't mind full days but I can't seem to get a handle on how I should plan these two days. One thought I had was two spend one of the days at the park, mostly on foot, then the other day heading out to Dingle and on the way back to Killarney, maybe driving part of the ROK counter-clockwise to see the majority of it. Questions for that plan -- will the park really take up a full day? And will the Dingle day be far too much?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd also love to see the Cliffs of Moher but I'm guessing with that now I'm really trying to cram too much into two days (not to mention distance)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 4 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 5 Public Transportation in England
- 6 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 16 Spain in December
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Trip to Rome