I'm hoping to get some advice... my husband, kids (ages 9 and 10) and I will have two full days in Killarney in August. We'd like to see as much as possible (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula and Killarney National Park) but don't know how much is actually feasible. We will have a car, although I'm a little nervous about driving the ROK from what I've read. We love national parks (our main trips in the US). We love driving and exploring, and stopping along the way for short hikes/walks. We don't mind full days but I can't seem to get a handle on how I should plan these two days. One thought I had was two spend one of the days at the park, mostly on foot, then the other day heading out to Dingle and on the way back to Killarney, maybe driving part of the ROK counter-clockwise to see the majority of it. Questions for that plan -- will the park really take up a full day? And will the Dingle day be far too much?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd also love to see the Cliffs of Moher but I'm guessing with that now I'm really trying to cram too much into two days (not to mention distance)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Bath apartment
- 2 Baby Milk
- 3 Suggestions for Where to Stay in Bath
- 4 Super Cover For Hertz
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 7 Tour groups
- 8 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 19 9 days and nights in Switzerland
- 20 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 22 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 23 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 24 French restaurants
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas