I'm hoping to get some advice... my husband, kids (ages 9 and 10) and I will have two full days in Killarney in August. We'd like to see as much as possible (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula and Killarney National Park) but don't know how much is actually feasible. We will have a car, although I'm a little nervous about driving the ROK from what I've read. We love national parks (our main trips in the US). We love driving and exploring, and stopping along the way for short hikes/walks. We don't mind full days but I can't seem to get a handle on how I should plan these two days. One thought I had was two spend one of the days at the park, mostly on foot, then the other day heading out to Dingle and on the way back to Killarney, maybe driving part of the ROK counter-clockwise to see the majority of it. Questions for that plan -- will the park really take up a full day? And will the Dingle day be far too much?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd also love to see the Cliffs of Moher but I'm guessing with that now I'm really trying to cram too much into two days (not to mention distance)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Greece
- 2 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 renting a car in greece
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.