I'm hoping to get some advice... my husband, kids (ages 9 and 10) and I will have two full days in Killarney in August. We'd like to see as much as possible (Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula and Killarney National Park) but don't know how much is actually feasible. We will have a car, although I'm a little nervous about driving the ROK from what I've read. We love national parks (our main trips in the US). We love driving and exploring, and stopping along the way for short hikes/walks. We don't mind full days but I can't seem to get a handle on how I should plan these two days. One thought I had was two spend one of the days at the park, mostly on foot, then the other day heading out to Dingle and on the way back to Killarney, maybe driving part of the ROK counter-clockwise to see the majority of it. Questions for that plan -- will the park really take up a full day? And will the Dingle day be far too much?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We'd also love to see the Cliffs of Moher but I'm guessing with that now I'm really trying to cram too much into two days (not to mention distance)!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 2 Italian lakes
- 3 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 8 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 9 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 10 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 11 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 12 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 17 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 18 "Never Mind"
- 19 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 20 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 21 Italian car factory tours
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 24 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 25 Visa Free Entry To Spain