I would appreciate any advice/suggestion regarding trains from Paris to Bayonne.
I'm walking the Camino de Santiago in July/August this year and since I'm flying from my country to Paris first, I need the fastest connection to Bayonne where I plan to catch a local train to St Jean Pied de Port.
Because of the flight schedule, the most appropriate train would be the night train Paris - Irun. It arrives to Bayonne in the morning, which leaves me enough time for a bit of sightseeing and finding a train to St Jean. I would like to avoid spending a night in Bayonne if possible. There are many daily trains from Paris to Bayonne, but most of them do not really suit me because of my plane arrival.
The best option would be this night train, departing from Paris Austerlitz at 21.54 pm, but I cannot find a timetable for that much time in advance.
According to Raildude, this particular train operates only on Monday, Friday and Sunday. I would like to know if this is correct, can anyone confirm this info?
Because on Rail Europe and voyages-sncf.com train searches I can actually find tickets for this train on some Saturdays ( In February and March) , but on all of them.
Since my flight is bound on Saturday July 5, I would need to catch this night train to Bayonne that particular evening. But if the train operates only on Mon, Fri and Sun, I have to reschedule my flight (I almost booked the ticket but I wanted to be sure I would catch the train, now I'm grateful for that moment of hesitation or was it intuition...)
Therefore, I would appreciate any feedback very, very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 2 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 8 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 9 Schengen Rule
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Christmas Day in Granada
- 13 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 14 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 15 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 16 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Zurich to Milan trip
- 19 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 24 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 25 Venice/Mestre