I would appreciate any advice/suggestion regarding trains from Paris to Bayonne.
I'm walking the Camino de Santiago in July/August this year and since I'm flying from my country to Paris first, I need the fastest connection to Bayonne where I plan to catch a local train to St Jean Pied de Port.
Because of the flight schedule, the most appropriate train would be the night train Paris - Irun. It arrives to Bayonne in the morning, which leaves me enough time for a bit of sightseeing and finding a train to St Jean. I would like to avoid spending a night in Bayonne if possible. There are many daily trains from Paris to Bayonne, but most of them do not really suit me because of my plane arrival.
The best option would be this night train, departing from Paris Austerlitz at 21.54 pm, but I cannot find a timetable for that much time in advance.
According to Raildude, this particular train operates only on Monday, Friday and Sunday. I would like to know if this is correct, can anyone confirm this info?
Because on Rail Europe and voyages-sncf.com train searches I can actually find tickets for this train on some Saturdays ( In February and March) , but on all of them.
Since my flight is bound on Saturday July 5, I would need to catch this night train to Bayonne that particular evening. But if the train operates only on Mon, Fri and Sun, I have to reschedule my flight (I almost booked the ticket but I wanted to be sure I would catch the train, now I'm grateful for that moment of hesitation or was it intuition...)
Therefore, I would appreciate any feedback very, very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 cheap food in london
- 14 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 15 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 16 Eating Indian In London
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 23 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 24 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 25 K-Day