I would appreciate any advice/suggestion regarding trains from Paris to Bayonne.
I'm walking the Camino de Santiago in July/August this year and since I'm flying from my country to Paris first, I need the fastest connection to Bayonne where I plan to catch a local train to St Jean Pied de Port.
Because of the flight schedule, the most appropriate train would be the night train Paris - Irun. It arrives to Bayonne in the morning, which leaves me enough time for a bit of sightseeing and finding a train to St Jean. I would like to avoid spending a night in Bayonne if possible. There are many daily trains from Paris to Bayonne, but most of them do not really suit me because of my plane arrival.
The best option would be this night train, departing from Paris Austerlitz at 21.54 pm, but I cannot find a timetable for that much time in advance.
According to Raildude, this particular train operates only on Monday, Friday and Sunday. I would like to know if this is correct, can anyone confirm this info?
Because on Rail Europe and voyages-sncf.com train searches I can actually find tickets for this train on some Saturdays ( In February and March) , but on all of them.
Since my flight is bound on Saturday July 5, I would need to catch this night train to Bayonne that particular evening. But if the train operates only on Mon, Fri and Sun, I have to reschedule my flight (I almost booked the ticket but I wanted to be sure I would catch the train, now I'm grateful for that moment of hesitation or was it intuition...)
Therefore, I would appreciate any feedback very, very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.biotestosteronexrtry.com/testo-rampage/
- 2 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 3 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 4 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland