We are an Australian couple (husband 63 and wife 45) who are planning a four year trip to Europe and the United Kingdom. We are aware of the Shengen rules, we will rotate between Schengen and non Shengen countries each 90 days. We have traveled quite extensively over the last ten years and have spent considerable time driving in Europe.
Our plan takes one of two forms, either we will buy a campervan/motorhome (as small as we can get away with that is self contained with toilet and shower), or base ourselves in one month to six week apartment rentals and explore out from there via trains/buses.
The advice that I’m looking for at this stage is general, I’ve found a few campervan/motorhome sites that assist with lower value vehicles, I’m aware of campgrounds, and restrictions in and around large cities. I guess what I’m looking for is any information that may be really useful in the big picture planning.
This is a long term goal and dream for both of us, all our savings will go toward it, so my biggest question that I need help with, can anyone assist with budgets. Optimally, I’d like to keep it under E100 per day, but regardless the cheaper the better. We wouldn’t be driving great distances each day, wouldn’t be eating out a lot, we’d be going to the big attractions and some museums and art galleries, but not many. We love food, we love slow travel, we love different cultures.
Looking forward to any input from any more experienced travellers out there, thank you, Melissa
PS Hope I haven't left any pertinent information out, please let me know.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 2 Charming areas to explore in London
- 3 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 4 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 5 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 6 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 7 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 8 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 9 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 10 Labor Day in Paris
- 11 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 12 온라인카지노【#HOT424。COM#】고수바카라게임방법
- 13 홀덤블랙잭【#HOT424。COM#】카지노공짜머니
- 14 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』실시간카지노게임
- 15 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』새만금카지노
- 16 실전바카라【#HOT424。COM#】인터넷으로카지노하기
- 17 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』사설강원랜드카지노
- 18 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』성공인사전용카지노
- 19 실전카지노【#HOT424。COM#】카지노판돈
- 20 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』서울세븐럭카지노
- 21 세븐럭카지노사이트【#HOT424。COM#】바카라승률
- 22 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』설악카지노
- 23 블랙잭이기는법【#HOT424。COM#】바카라번지
- 24 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』세계카지노
- 25 월드카지노【#HOT424。COM#】이수근불법도박
Advice needed for extended European/United Kingdom trip for two Australians