Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 2 days in Lugano area
- 4 Scotland in December
- 5 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 10 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 15 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 tickets for Wimbledon
- 20 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 21 retruning to US with souveniers
- 22 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Iceland rental camper company