Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 2 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 3 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 4 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 5 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 6 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 13 Poland to Austria In December
- 14 Alsace to Austria?
- 15 Wales
- 16 Paris in early august
- 17 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 21 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more