Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tipping
- 2 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 3 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 4 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 7 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 8 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 9 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 10 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 11 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 12 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 13 Oslo airport to hotel
- 14 Paris and Lyon
- 15 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 16 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 17 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 18 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 19 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 20 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 21 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 22 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 23 Hiking in Luberon
- 24 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip