Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Advice for UK roadtrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 2 Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
- 3 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 4 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 5 SIM card for eastern europe
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 8 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 9 Southern France
- 10 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 11 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 12 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 13 italy
- 14 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 15 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 16 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 20 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 21 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 22 What to wear
- 23 What still confounds you about travel?
- 24 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 25 Any experiences with Airbnb?