Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Advice for UK roadtrip
- 1 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 2 Please review my REVISED Germany/Austria/Switzerland itinerary
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 One hour 15 minutes to change planes in Frankfurt
- 5 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 6 Affordable London Hotel
- 7 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 8 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 9 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 10 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 11 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 12 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 13 Help for first timers
- 14 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 15 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 16 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 17 Parisian Pickpockets
- 18 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 21 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 22 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 23 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 24 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 25 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013