Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 2 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 3 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 6 Amsterdam Hotel
- 7 http://supplementstest.org/forever-bust/
- 8 Euro 2016
- 9 Charles Degaulle question
- 10 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 11 FCO connection time
- 12 Paris gtg in October?
- 13 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 14 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 15 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 Dolomites October 14-18
- 18 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 19 Switzerland itinerary help
- 20 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 21 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 22 Norway Itinerary
- 23 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 24 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 25 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane