Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Advice for UK roadtrip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 8 Is my plan ok
- 9 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 20 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 21 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 24 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 25 Best Option for London Travelcard?