Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 Public Transport information App/Website
- 4 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 5 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 6 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 9 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 10 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 11 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 12 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 15 Traveling to Puglia in July
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 Puglia itinerary - need help!
- 18 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 19 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 20 Amalfi or Positano
- 21 Croatia travel ideas
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 24 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 25 Help required with Ireland Itinerary