Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rent a car in England
- 2 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 3 Edinburgh to Skye
- 4 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 5 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 6 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 7 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 8 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 9 2017 Easter in Italy
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 Going to Russia
- 14 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 15 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 16 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 17 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 18 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 19 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 20 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 21 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 24 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 25 Ireland and Scotland in July