Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Advice for UK roadtrip
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 3 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Novels set in Greece
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 14 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 17 15 days in Europe,
- 18 Medieval Tallinn
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 22 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 23 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 24 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 25 Spain - Andalucia