Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 2 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 3 French immersion courses in France
- 4 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Europe in late January
- 10 Fast Trak service at SVO airport
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 14 Where to stay in London?
- 15 What type of visa is right for me?
- 16 Visiting Spain in January
- 17 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 18 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 19 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 20 Loving Lisbon
- 21 Booking hotels before trains
- 22 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 23 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 24 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 25 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.