Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토총판 모집 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Spain in December
- 3 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 4 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 5 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 9 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Lay over time
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 20 K-Day
- 21 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen