Our family (my husband, me, 1 teenage child and 2 small children) will be in UK for 11 days in Nov'12. Am having problems to decide how many days/nights to spend in each city and whether it's wise to travel by car or public transport. Appreciate your wise advice on my itinerary.
Prefer not to have a packed itinerary as it may be taxing to all of us esp. the children. Here're the cities we'd like to visit - North Wales, Manchester, Liverpool, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath/Stonehenge.
Day 1 - London
Day 2- 7(not really sure on this) - roadtrip from Stonehenge -> North Wales -> Manchester -> Liverpool -> Oxford -> Cambridge
** Machester and Liverpool are two must cities to visit as the children are football fans.
Day 8 - 11 London
We'll be using public transport in London and rent a car for the roadtrip
Here're some questions:
1) How many days/nights should we spend in each city?
Do these look ok?
Stonehenge (1 night), North Wales (1 night), Manchester (1 night), Liverpool (a day trip), Oxford (1 night), Cambridge (a day trip) and travel back to London on the same day.
Please do recommend other routes if mine is not time saving.
2) Any other cities worth visiting or we can stop by during our roadtrip?
3) Is it recommended to travel from London to Bath/Stonehenge on bus or train and take rented car from there? Can we handover the car at a different city i.e. Cambridge? Is travelling by train/coach cheaper and easier?
I hope the questions are not too much. Really need some advice. Thank you very much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 2 Are my 2013 Paris metro/bus tickets still good?
- 3 tuscany/florence tour
- 4 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 5 Any flight from London to Rimini?
- 6 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 7 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 8 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 9 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 10 Auto Europe or Hertz?
- 11 Help with itineray to Madrid-Seville-Granada
- 12 9-10 days in portugal - may 2016
- 13 England/Scotland in January?
- 14 Europe in 30 days: itinerary suggestions, anyone?! Please and thank you!
- 15 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 16 Seine river cruise help
- 17 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 18 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 19 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 20 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 21 Does the Paris Museum Pass cover the Picasso Museum?
- 22 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 23 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 24 Ice for a cooler
- 25 Itinerary Check-In