Our bus will arrive in Trieste at 4:25pm on a Sunday and we need to be in Venice that evening. There are two options I'm considering:
#1 - reserving seats on the 5:02pm Frecciabianca train arriving Venice 7:03pm (so 27 minutes to walk to the train station and print out my ticket at the machine), or
#2 - buying a ticket for the regional train that leaves at 5:44pm arriving Venice at 7:49pm (so 1h 20 minutes stopover...with time for a walk to the seawall).
I'm looking for advice about:
1) It looks like the bus station (we'll be taking an Autotrans bus from Croatia) is next to the Trieste Centrale train station, but let me know if I'm incorrect and need to adjust the stopover timing!
2) I see that the train station is 10 blocks from the Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia and 4 blocks from the seawall and folks are saying it's an easy walk. It'd be nice to stretch our legs in between connections, but I'm not sure it's worth taking the later train for it. To help us decide... What's the area around the train/bus station like? Can we store our luggage safely for the hour using the "left luggage" services (esp on a Sunday)?
3) The 5:02pm Frecciabianca and the 5:44pm regional train both take about 2 hours to get to Venice...so other than the ability to reserve a ticket on the Frecciabianca and it probably being a nicer train, any compelling reason not to take the regional train and give ourselves the extra time for a walk (or a delayed bus arrival)?
Thanks in advance if you're able to shed light on any of these questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?