Our bus will arrive in Trieste at 4:25pm on a Sunday and we need to be in Venice that evening. There are two options I'm considering:
#1 - reserving seats on the 5:02pm Frecciabianca train arriving Venice 7:03pm (so 27 minutes to walk to the train station and print out my ticket at the machine), or
#2 - buying a ticket for the regional train that leaves at 5:44pm arriving Venice at 7:49pm (so 1h 20 minutes stopover...with time for a walk to the seawall).
I'm looking for advice about:
1) It looks like the bus station (we'll be taking an Autotrans bus from Croatia) is next to the Trieste Centrale train station, but let me know if I'm incorrect and need to adjust the stopover timing!
2) I see that the train station is 10 blocks from the Piazza dell'Unità d'Italia and 4 blocks from the seawall and folks are saying it's an easy walk. It'd be nice to stretch our legs in between connections, but I'm not sure it's worth taking the later train for it. To help us decide... What's the area around the train/bus station like? Can we store our luggage safely for the hour using the "left luggage" services (esp on a Sunday)?
3) The 5:02pm Frecciabianca and the 5:44pm regional train both take about 2 hours to get to Venice...so other than the ability to reserve a ticket on the Frecciabianca and it probably being a nicer train, any compelling reason not to take the regional train and give ourselves the extra time for a walk (or a delayed bus arrival)?
Thanks in advance if you're able to shed light on any of these questions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 3 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 4 Paris advice with kids
- 5 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 tickets for Wimbledon
- 8 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 9 Chania
- 10 Iceland car rental agencies
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 Best Viking Sites
- 13 Paris hotel
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 16 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 17 Ex-pats with young kids
- 18 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 23 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Top Tapas Tascas