We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 part to half has been Georgia residence
- 2 One quick week -- where in France?
- 3 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 4 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 5 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 6 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 7 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 8 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 9 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 10 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 11 Sicily transportation
- 12 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 13 3 days with a Swindon base
- 14 Brugge or Ghent?
- 15 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 16 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 17 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 18 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 19 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 20 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 21 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 22 Which Guided Tour ??
- 23 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 24 What Greek islands should I visit
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.