We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 3 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 4 St Andrews advice
- 5 3 nights in Tuscany
- 6 Cordoba or Granada?
- 7 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 8 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 9 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 10 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 11 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 12 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 13 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 14 train from ams to paris
- 15 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 16 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 17 Poland in September
- 18 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 19 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 20 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 24 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime