We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Advice for Rome on Sunday, April 27
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 2 big family in Ireland
- 3 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Touring Dover Castle
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Ireland itinerary
- 8 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 11 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 12 Cell phones in Ireland
- 13 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 14 7 Nights in Paris
- 15 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 16 Santorini transportation
- 17 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 18 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 19 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 23 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 24 Madrid and London
- 25 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg