We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 2 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 3 gare de nord
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 6 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 7 Enjoying England for a year!
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 10 Renting International Cars from USA
- 11 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 12 My First Trip to Europe...
- 13 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 14 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 15 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 16 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 20 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 21 Barcelona Car rental return
- 22 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 23 All of Spain or something else..?
- 24 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 25 Madrid city centre?