We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Advice for Rome on Sunday, April 27
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 2 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 3 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 4 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 5 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 6 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 7 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 8 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 9 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 10 Car hire in Turkey
- 11 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 12 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 13 Solo train travel in Germany
- 14 Barcelona to San Sebastián etc....or???
- 15 Augsburg with kids
- 16 Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, England - Itinerary and Rail Travel ?
- 17 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 18 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 19 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 20 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 21 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 22 Car Rental form Baia Mare or Sighet?
- 23 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 24 Question about justairports
- 25 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona