We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 5 Meteora for older folk
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 9 Train help for Prague
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Athens
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 14 Petrol in Greece
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 21 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 22 Paris day trips August
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 25 Acorn TV