We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 5 Short Trip in July
- 6 Things to do in Brussels
- 7 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Greek Islands (small)
- 10 Campervan in Croatia
- 11 K-Day
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 UK Visa Help
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 Spain in December
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 21 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 24 Cell Phone Question
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich