We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 2 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 6 Ischia and Positano/Sorrento? Or just Ischia?
- 7 we are planning a trip to Ireland.!!! I NEED HELP
- 8 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 9 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 10 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 11 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 12 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 13 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 14 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 15 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 16 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 17 One Way... trust or bust?
- 18 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 19 Italy weather last week of March.
- 20 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 21 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 22 Alhambra
- 23 Antwerp Tram
- 24 Paris weather
- 25 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa