We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 4 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 5 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 6 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 7 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 8 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 14 Retiring to Southern France
- 15 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 20 Brief trip report Naples
- 21 Advices about our itiniary
- 22 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 23 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 24 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 25 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy