We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles Degaulle question
- 2 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 3 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 4 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 5 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 6 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 7 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 8 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 9 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 10 Iceland in July
- 11 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 12 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 13 Train rides
- 14 Pompeii luggage storage
- 15 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 16 italy itinerary request
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 20 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 21 Train Help
- 22 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 23 Paris gtg in October?
- 24 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 25 First time in Italy