We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Advice for Rome on Sunday, April 27
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 2nd time around
- 2 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 3 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 4 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 5 german rail ticket question
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Fashion for larger man?
- 8 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 9 Arc de Triumph Question
- 10 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 11 Greek ferries
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 14 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 15 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 16 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 17 Prague flea markets
- 18 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 19 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 20 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 21 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 22 Monet in Normandy
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 25 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.