We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 base for Andalucia
- 2 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 3 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 4 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 8 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 9 Apartment in Rome
- 10 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 Best Greek Island
- 15 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 16 Flea markets in Romania
- 17 car rental
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 20 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 21 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 22 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 23 Christian Cafe Dating
- 24 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece