We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Advice for Rome on Sunday, April 27
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommend a tour company?
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 4 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 Skiing in Austria?
- 7 Arles as a base?
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 11 Spanish Music
- 12 Now for the Venice hotel
- 13 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 14 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 15 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 16 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 17 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 18 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 19 A Week in Spain
- 20 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 21 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 22 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 23 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 24 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 25 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome