We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 4 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 5 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 6 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 7 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 8 help with Italy itinerary
- 9 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 10 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 11 Barcelona with baby
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 14 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 15 Norway fjord
- 16 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 17 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 18 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 21 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 22 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 23 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 24 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 25 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?