We will be in Rome on Sunday April 27 and just learned from a family member that the late pope John Paul will be canonized on this day. I had planned to post and ask advice on what to do on a Sunday in Rome but this is a new wrinkle which I suspect could bring crowds to Rome. On Monday we will be on a tour of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel with sometime in the Vatican museums.
We arrive on Saturday the 26th so Sunday will be our first full day in Rome. We'll likely be jet lagged so won't want to over plan. We enjoy exploring neighborhoods, we like art museums and gardens. I would love to hear your suggestions as to how DH and I might spend this day. DH has never been to Rome and my only visit was 30 years ago. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Madrird and Seville
- 9 Greece
- 10 Ludwig Castles
- 11 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 12 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 13 Lake Como AREA questions
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Spain - day driver advice
- 25 London with Teens Trip Report