My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 3 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 4 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 7 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 8 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 9 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 10 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 11 Iceland Day 5
- 12 Holland/France/Spain
- 13 Scotland Trip
- 14 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 15 Montenegro in September
- 16 3 week stay in Scotland
- 17 Paris, France
- 18 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 19 sfo to europe
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 23 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 24 What one thing in Paris?
- 25 Suggestions for base in the Var
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg