My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip
- 2 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 3 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 6 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 7 visa appointment experience
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 Hamam Istanbul?
- 10 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 11 First Trip to Europe!
- 12 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 13 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 14 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 15 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 16 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 17 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 18 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 19 Rue des Rosiers
- 20 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 21 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 22 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 23 Brief trip report Naples
- 24 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 25 What to take to Germany
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg