My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 2 About cars in Austria
- 3 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 4 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 5 Italy - unusually so
- 6 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 7 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 8 Europe in December for 10 days
- 9 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 10 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 11 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 12 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 13 England/EPL family vacation
- 14 4 Months in Europe
- 15 Never To Return
- 16 Tipping in the UK
- 17 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 18 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 19 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 20 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 21 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 22 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 23 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 24 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 25 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April