My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 2 Bus ride to Positano
- 3 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 4 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 5 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 6 Suggestions for What To Do in Bologna or Surrounds on May 1
- 7 Slovenia itinerary
- 8 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 9 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 10 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 11 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 12 Paris Hotels- Le Meurice or Le Royal Monceau Raffles
- 13 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 14 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 15 Is Capri overrated?
- 16 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 17 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 18 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 19 9 days in switzerland
- 20 5 day Madrid itinerary help
- 21 Driving in Germany and Austria
- 22 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 23 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 25 Amsterdam restaurants