My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris food tours?
- 2 Any restaurant in London to enjoy a meal watching a cabaret singing show?
- 3 Transfer in AMS or FRA?
- 4 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 What's on your bucket list?
- 7 An ambitions plan for Andalusia
- 8 Barcelona
- 9 Outer Hebrides and north
- 10 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 11 Train to Sorrento
- 12 4 days trip to Barcelona
- 13 Itinerary suggestions for 7 day trip to Croatia
- 14 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 15 Late October Trip in France
- 16 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 17 What area of Venice to stay?
- 18 Attending Church in Rome?
- 19 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 20 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 21 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 22 Andalucia Itinerary
- 23 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 24 hotel in Venice
- 25 Travel help laundary
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg