My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 3 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 4 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 5 Clean up spam
- 6 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 7 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 8 Is Sicily Safe?
- 9 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 10 Car rental help in Sicily
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 alItalia
- 13 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 14 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 15 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 16 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 17 Mykonos Beach Club
- 18 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 19 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 20 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 21 Visit to Engand
- 22 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 23 Trip in September
- 24 Which city order makes most sense?
- 25 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg