My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Autumn in Paris
- 2 Italian Lakes
- 3 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 4 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 5 Help With Vienna
- 6 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 7 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 8 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 9 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 10 Trains in Europe
- 11 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 12 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 15 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 16 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 17 Netherlands and others
- 18 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 19 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 20 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 21 Raining in rome
- 22 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 23 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 24 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 25 Living like a local (sort of) in London