My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 2 FCO connection time
- 3 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva
- 4 Lagos Walking Tour
- 5 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 6 Where to stay in Dijon, France
- 7 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 8 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 9 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 10 Amsterdam Hotel
- 11 Euro 2016
- 12 Charles Degaulle question
- 13 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 14 Paris gtg in October?
- 15 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Dolomites October 14-18
- 20 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 21 Switzerland itinerary help
- 22 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 23 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 24 Norway Itinerary
- 25 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg