My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
- 1 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 2 London for Christmas
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 7 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 8 River cruises
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 13 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped