My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 6 7 days in Greece
- 7 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 11 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 12 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 13 Swiss rail passes
- 14 Zurich, Switzerland
- 15 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 16 London day trips, especially castles
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 21 Day trips from Marseille
- 22 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 23 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 24 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 25 A drive in Europe