My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 2 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 3 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 4 Italy and Croatia
- 5 Best beach town in Italy?
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 8 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 9 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 10 A Greek sojourn
- 11 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 12 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 15 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 Weekend in Norfolk
- 20 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 24 Burgundy in May
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!