My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warsaw for the week-end / language question
- 2 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 3 Chip and Pin
- 4 France: which maps?
- 5 first family trip to Switzerland
- 6 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 9 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 10 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 11 German Rail Pass Questions
- 12 Train from Frankfurt to Madrid
- 13 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 14 Ghent or Paris?
- 15 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 16 Venice - boats on canals
- 17 Good Paris Self-guided Walking Tour Book?
- 18 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 19 What Bus/buses
- 20 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 21 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 22 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 23 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 24 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 25 Your favorite restaurants in Milan, please