My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 2 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 7 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 8 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 9 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 10 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 14 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 15 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 16 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 17 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 18 I dream of Europe
- 19 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 22 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 25 Rome Food Tour