My husband and I are planning a trip to Sweden mid May to mid June next year. I have a dream of seeing both Talin Estonia and St. Petersburg Russia. I would also like to see Helsinki if we have the time and budget. We enjoy museums, historic sites, and culture. We don't need much in terms of shopping or adventure travel.
I had been told that there were ferries that you could take that would hit all those destinations. After researching some ferry/cruise sites and this forum, it appears that there are 2 or 3 options.
We are not big cruise fans but like the idea of traveling to St. Petersburg visa free and also having a regular bedroom to go back to each evening.
I am looking for advice for the best ferry/cruise option that is
not too glitzy
gives us maximum time in port (perhaps more thatn a day?)
I also would like feedback about which of these destinations you think are the top picks in case we can't hit them all.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 Presenting you a radiant glow. Owing
- 3 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 4 How much to tip UK taxi driver?
- 5 Copenhagen Airport Transfers to Central Station
- 6 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 7 Heathrow to London - train or taxi?
- 8 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 9 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 12 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 13 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 14 Vet my itinerary
- 15 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 16 Amsterdam hotels
- 17 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 18 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 19 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 20 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 22 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 23 Overnight Train Questions
- 24 Istanbul tour guides?
- 25 Flamenco Shows
advice for ferry/cruise to stockholm-helsinki-talin-st. petersburg