Looking for advice on what area to stay in from those who know Barcelona well. Family with 2 young children. Planning on traveling for a month next July. Looking to be in SAFE area where you can enjoy walk to market, cafes, etc but not too noisy at night and convenient to travel to tourist sites. Would prefer a locals area as opposed to pure tourist trap if possible. I like the idea of the older parts of the city that are limited to pedestrians but not if it means giving up on safety. Also any recommended apartment would be helpful. Thank you.
Advice for Family Friendly Barcelona area for a month long stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 4 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 5 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 8 Moving to Belfast
- 9 Luggage sizing
- 10 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 11 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Christmas in Munich
- 19 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 20 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 21 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 22 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 Eleanor's Pages
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration