Looking for advice on what area to stay in from those who know Barcelona well. Family with 2 young children. Planning on traveling for a month next July. Looking to be in SAFE area where you can enjoy walk to market, cafes, etc but not too noisy at night and convenient to travel to tourist sites. Would prefer a locals area as opposed to pure tourist trap if possible. I like the idea of the older parts of the city that are limited to pedestrians but not if it means giving up on safety. Also any recommended apartment would be helpful. Thank you.
Advice for Family Friendly Barcelona area for a month long stay
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 5 Observations About Paris
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 5 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 6 Is my plan ok
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 12 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 15 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Museums in Berlin
- 25 Schengen Visa Rules