I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 4 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 12 WWI Battlefields
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 15 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Reaching the Lake District
- 21 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 24 My special places in Europe
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?