I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 2 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 3 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Flight connection in CDG
- 6 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 Amsterdam, Germany
- 9 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 10 Ravenna Mosaics
- 11 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 12 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 13 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 19 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 20 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 21 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 22 Our time in Rome
- 23 France for a month in 2017
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Barcelona extension