I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 2 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 3 cash or plastic in Greece
- 4 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Rome and Venice in December
- 7 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 8 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 9 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 10 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 11 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 12 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 13 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 14 planning confusion
- 15 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 16 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 17 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 18 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 19 Dublin transportation help
- 20 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 21 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 22 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 23 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 24 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 25 Shopping in Paris