I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Advice for an arrondissement please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 2 Anyone trying to get out of the French Alps?
- 3 Help with planning a Sicily Itinerary
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 6 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 7 Best car/shuttle service from Paris to CDG
- 8 Italy trip questions
- 9 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 10 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 11 2 Weeks in Germany in December
- 12 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 13 Museums in Berlin
- 14 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 15 Budget family trip to Europe
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #17 - British Train Trivia
- 17 Pyrenees logistics
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 20 Suggestions for European Holiday with Young Children
- 21 caroline_venezia
- 22 Taormina to Palermo
- 23 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 24 Storytellers in Iceland
- 25 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?