I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 4 Whathello Paris
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 7 Bordeaux to Nice
- 8 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna