I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 3 Algarve - is it for me?
- 4 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 5 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 6 Which area to stay in London
- 7 Itinery help Crete
- 8 Naples + Walking Tour
- 9 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 TIM in FCO - update
- 14 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 17 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 18 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 19 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 22 Iceland trip report!
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Germany/Switzerland Help