I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Advice for an arrondissement please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 2 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 6 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 7 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 8 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Rocamaxour
- 11 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 12 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 13 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 14 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 15 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 16 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 17 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 18 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 19 Dordogne lodging
- 20 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 21 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 22 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 23 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 24 Dordogne markets
- 25 Dordogne prehistoric sites