I'm planning another quick, last minute visit to Paris with my husband and our now 15 y.o. son around Apr. 7-11. I think we are going to try airbnb for this trip as there seem to be many options within our price range that can accommodate 3. I have been searching the forum as to which arr. might be a good choice for our needs. Last visit we stayed at Hotel des Grandes Ecoles in the Latin Quarter which was wonderful. We'd like to experience a different area this time. Ideally we'd like a residential neighborhood with small cafés and bakeries etc. We are very comfortable with using the metro and buses so we don't have to be in the heart of the city. I have seen first time visitors directed to the 4-7th as it is walking distance to the main sights. I'm not ruling out those areas, but am willing to forgo convenience for a charming, less frenetic area. I am wondering if Montmartre might be what we're looking for. Or the Marais, although I've read where several people don't like it, and I wonder why. Any advice would be very appreciated. Merci!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gluten Free in Italy
- 2 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 3 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 4 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 5 Car rental in Paris
- 6 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 7 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 8 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 9 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 10 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 11 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 12 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 13 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 14 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 A few last minute questions
- 18 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 19 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 20 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 21 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 22 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 23 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 24 Stay away from EF Tours
- 25 French Vacation in Mid-America