Hi guys, we are a couple (30-35 y.o.) travelling to Sicily on a 1 week break in June. We are keen to hit some key spots but also to avoid burning ourselves out or risk not appreciating where we are due to an overly rushed itinerary! We are not into overly touristy places but love hitting spots with stunning scenery, sandy beaches and atmosphere! Open to car hire and zipping about a bit, but like to spend at least 2 nights in a location if possible. We were thinking 3 key locations (likely eastern coast side), driving through some smaller spots en route would be a possibility. Have options to fly in/out of Catania/ Palermo or Cosimo. Budget is reasonable but not swish! Any advice/ recommendations re locations and accommodation would be greatly appreciated?! Thanks!
Advice for 1 week trip to Sicily - key spots to hit?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 2 Azores
- 3 tulips in the Netherland
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 England and Scotland
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 11 Air pollution in Paris
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin to Armagh?
- 14 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 15 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 16 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 17 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 18 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 19 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 20 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 21 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 22 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 23 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 24 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 25 Naxos in May