My wife and I will be in Portugal in late May to the first week in June and are considering staying in the Pousadas (starting in the new Placio on the Duro in Porto. renting a car and slowly driving to Lisbon). We are seniors and have allergies that cause problems when people have been smoking in hotel rooms and we need air conditioning on hot days. So we have three questions: First, do any of the Pousadas have non smoking rooms or are smoke free (or have any of you noticed that people have beens smoking in the rooms)? Second, are any of them air conditioned or will the weather be cool enough (e.g. 60's F) so that we won't need it? and Third, what Pousadas do you recommend as we depart from Porto with three nights to reach Lisbon?
Advice about Pousada's in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 4 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 7 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 8 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 9 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Which european city?
- 13 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 14 Italy Countryside
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 19 Germany in December 2015
- 20 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 21 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 22 Vegan in Germany?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 25 biking tours in Italy?