My wife and I will be in Portugal in late May to the first week in June and are considering staying in the Pousadas (starting in the new Placio on the Duro in Porto. renting a car and slowly driving to Lisbon). We are seniors and have allergies that cause problems when people have been smoking in hotel rooms and we need air conditioning on hot days. So we have three questions: First, do any of the Pousadas have non smoking rooms or are smoke free (or have any of you noticed that people have beens smoking in the rooms)? Second, are any of them air conditioned or will the weather be cool enough (e.g. 60's F) so that we won't need it? and Third, what Pousadas do you recommend as we depart from Porto with three nights to reach Lisbon?
Advice about Pousada's in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 2 Arriving in Prague
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 4 Months in Europe
- 5 2 Days in Rome
- 6 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 7 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 8 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 9 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 10 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 11 Tipping in the UK
- 12 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 13 2 weeks in Spain
- 14 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 15 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 16 Wines charted by flavor
- 17 Museum Pass
- 18 Central Europe itinerary
- 19 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 20 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 21 France in October
- 22 Day trips out of Florence?
- 23 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 24 Venice; recommendations
- 25 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????