My wife and I will be in Portugal in late May to the first week in June and are considering staying in the Pousadas (starting in the new Placio on the Duro in Porto. renting a car and slowly driving to Lisbon). We are seniors and have allergies that cause problems when people have been smoking in hotel rooms and we need air conditioning on hot days. So we have three questions: First, do any of the Pousadas have non smoking rooms or are smoke free (or have any of you noticed that people have beens smoking in the rooms)? Second, are any of them air conditioned or will the weather be cool enough (e.g. 60's F) so that we won't need it? and Third, what Pousadas do you recommend as we depart from Porto with three nights to reach Lisbon?
Advice about Pousada's in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 2 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 3 best time to book accommodation
- 4 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 8 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 9 London visit
- 10 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 11 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 16 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 17 No points in Paris .....
- 18 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Pompeii train to Naples
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 23 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 24 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 25 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?