We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 2 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 3 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 4 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 5 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 6 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 7 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 8 Europe in late January
- 9 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 10 European Cooking Secrets
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 Travel vs. Babies
- 13 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 14 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 19 Travel help
- 20 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 21 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 22 Two more earthquakes strike central Italy
- 23 CDG much improved
- 24 London tour and theatre ideas
- 25 BEWARE of EUROCAR