We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Advice about adding Milan to "Eastern" European trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 Three days in Spain
- 4 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 7 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 Day trip from London to Paris
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 17 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 London hotel
- 20 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 21 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 22 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 23 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 24 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium