We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 2 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 3 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 4 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 5 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 7 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 8 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 9 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Trip to Rome
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Help required with Itinerary
- 23 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 24 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 25 How early in the spring to visit London & England?