We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 3 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 4 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 1 month in Europe
- 8 Amsterdam hotels
- 9 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 10 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 15 Back from Paris
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Brugge hotel help
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Old European currency
- 21 Europe itinerary questions
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece