We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Advice about adding Milan to "Eastern" European trip
- 1 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 2 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 3 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 4 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 5 Places to visit from London
- 6 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 7 Do and don't, eating in France
- 8 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 9 Spain with kids
- 10 Paris Ticket t+
- 11 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 12 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 13 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 14 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 Getting the best our of Europe
- 17 best clubs in barcelona
- 18 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 19 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 20 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 21 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 22 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 23 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 24 Last minute lake change....
- 25 getting out of rome airport to hotel?