We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Advice about adding Milan to "Eastern" European trip
- 1 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 2 Need help w/last minute change in plans--Chamonix or Zermatt June 13th
- 3 Need some help credit card for hotels in italy
- 4 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 5 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 6 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 7 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 8 May 25, 2013: Being tourists and finding festivals
- 9 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 10 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 11 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 12 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 13 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 14 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 15 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 16 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 17 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 18 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 19 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 20 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 21 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 22 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 23 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 24 Stop over in France
- 25 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?