We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 Sixt insurance claim
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 5 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 6 Enjoying England for a year!
- 7 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 10 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 16 SIM card
- 17 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 18 All of Spain or something else..?
- 19 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 20 RENFE error message during payment
- 21 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 22 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 23 Greece Experts
- 24 Europe itinerary review
- 25 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag