We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 2 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 3 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 4 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 5 Barcelona completely overrated
- 6 French lavender and cottages
- 7 What Greek islands should I visit
- 8 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 9 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 10 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 11 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 12 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 13 Ravello to Paestum
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Spain Itinerary Help
- 17 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 18 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 19 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 20 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 23 Girona and Besalau
- 24 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 25 Europe Destination with kids?