We're a family of four and we've traveled to Europe several times in the past few years. I had been planning a three week trip to Prague, Krakow, and Budapest for this July. I'd thought we'd go to those three cities, as well as Cesky Krumlov and Pecs in Hungary. Now, however, we need to also stop in Milan for about two nights, probably at the beginning of the three weeks, but possibly at the end. I'm having a hard time figuring out a new itinerary that doesn't involve travel every day. I was thinking about Milan, train to Venice just for an overnight (we've been there before), on to Ljubljana for a couple of nights (time for Bled? probably not?), train to Budapest for about 4 nights (have to leave out Pecs?), and then on to Prague and Cesky Krumlov. I'm thinking we won't have time for Krakow, unfortunately. I'm open to significant revisions. I've purposely chosen Ljubljana instead of Vienna, based on recommendations, but do you think it makes more sense to go through Vienna? Does this all seem like too much? I'm actually wondering if we should eliminate Prague, as well as Krakow, even though I'd been excited to go there. I should say that in large cities, we usually like spending between 3 and 4 nights. Also, in a pinch, we could add a couple of nights to the three weeks.
So, I'd appreciate any advice. I'm feeling lots of pressure to buy the plane tickets; the prices seem to be going up constantly!
Advice about adding Milan to "Eastern" European trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 2 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 3 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 4 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 5 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 6 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 7 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 8 Prague symphony - please help me choose 2 seats
- 9 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 10 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 11 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 12 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 13 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 14 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 15 Opera in Prague : Dvorak's Rusalka or Puccini's Tosca
- 16 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 17 DB Bahn : Budapest to Prague
- 18 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 19 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 20 Gatwick to Stratford Station
- 21 2-week Central/Eastern Europe itinerary questions
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 24 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 25 Dublin to Cashel