Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 San Sebastián
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 Can parking
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 24 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 25 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?