Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 6 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 7 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Sim Card Options
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 38 Days in Paris
- 13 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Day trip ideas
- 17 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 18 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 19 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 20 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 21 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 24 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?