Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 3 3nights in Venice
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 My 3 days in Venice
- 6 multi city flights to europe
- 7 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 8 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 One week in Europe
- 11 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 12 London Theater
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 15 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 16 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 My final Prague itinerary
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 24 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 25 Private Guide in Lyon