Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 Road Trip: 4 Weeks from Puglia to Le Marche
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 13 Renting a car in Greece
- 14 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 15 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 16 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 17 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 18 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 19 Iceland rental camper company
- 20 southeast sicily town as home base
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 23 Chania
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Theoxenia on Santorini