Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have a 3 week family trip to Ireland in September, and am thinking of going early to do some solo travel in Spain and France.
I have 6 "free" days, and was thinking of flying into Barcelona and doing the following:
Aug 26-29: Barcelona
29-30: Aix en Provence
31: Travel to Cork, Ireland (I'll be in Ireland for 3 weeks from this point)
I would very much appreciate any advice on whether or not these timelines are realistic. Also, any travel advice? Best to take a train through France and then ferry to Ireland? Better to fly? I'm also open to any suggestions. I haven't been to either south of France or Spain.
BTW, I'm a woman in my late 30's so safety is a concern. I'm basically looking for a nice time on my own with some delicious views, food and drink.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a European Trip
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 Norway Itinerary
- 4 train or plane
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 10 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 11 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 12 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 15 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 16 A Month stay in Southern France
- 17 restaurants in Marais district
- 18 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 22 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 23 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 24 Shoes in Scotland
- 25 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...