My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 2 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 3 Towns around Lucca
- 4 Cork questions
- 5 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 6 Borghese Gallery Question
- 7 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 8 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 9 Sicily help
- 10 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 11 Italy Vacation
- 12 Stu Tower
- 13 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 14 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 17 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Crete Holiday
- 23 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 24 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 25 Regent Seven Seas Cruise?