My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 2 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Switzerland
- 11 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 12 Questions about Polish sights
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Italy
- 19 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Lisbon hotel
- 25 Trip route from Paris to Venice