My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville to Cordoba
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 5 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 10 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 11 ATM
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 15 London 6 day itinerary
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Portugal rental car
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 20 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 21 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 Bernese Oberland
- 24 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)