My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Wedding
- 2 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 5 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 6 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 7 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 8 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 I may be wrong....
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 16 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 19 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions