My friends and I are going to Italy next month (Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Tuscany & Venice). We're seeing all the famous monuments/landmarks. However-- looking at our itinerary as a whole, our trip is very lacking in the adventure category and probably a little too heavy on the touristy sites so I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions on fun outdoors types of activities we could do. (Especially since some of our group members are guys in their early 20's and this will be after seeing France, Germany and later Prague-- maybe too many monuments and churches by then!)
For example: hiking/nature-y things, zip lining, water sports, scenic ATV tours, etc.
The only activity in our Italy itinerary right now is hiking at Cinque Terre. But is there anything else that's popular? For example, should we add in Abruzzo or bike tours/horseback riding in Tuscany or ocean diving or even exploring Pompeii ruins?
Any help would be appreciated! Grazie~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 5 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 6 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 7 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Versailles
- 12 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 13 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 14 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 15 driving from prague to salzburg
- 16 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 17 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 18 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 19 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 20 Germany train help!
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 23 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip