I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 2 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 3 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 MiFi in Italy
- 9 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Guides - Matera
- 13 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Girona and Besalau
- 21 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 22 London Itinerary and Questions
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 25 Switzerland and Northern Italy