I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 4 Norway Advice
- 5 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 6 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 7 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 8 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 9 Winter in Paris
- 10 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 11 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 12 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 13 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 14 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 15 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 16 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 17 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 Planning Europe trip
- 24 Is Venice really dirty?
- 25 planning a trip to Europe next year!