I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Burgundy and Lyon
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 6 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 7 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 8 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 9 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 10 Visiting Lyon
- 11 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 12 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 14 rent muscle car in Norway
- 15 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 16 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 17 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 18 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 19 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area
- 20 weekend trip lodging
- 21 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 22 Road Trip - Ireland, Scotland and England
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Logan Air
- 25 Any itinerary hints for Prague