I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 2 barcelona neighborhood
- 3 Corsica and Sardinia
- 4 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 5 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 6 Best Greek Island
- 7 Les Invalides Night Show
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Regarding Residence Permit
- 10 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 14 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 15 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 16 limousine services - milan - rome
- 17 Shorts in South of France?
- 18 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 19 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 20 Camogli and surrounds
- 21 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 2 days in Florence
- 24 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more