I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 2 The Best beach in Europe
- 3 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 4 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 5 I am a.tall foodie
- 6 Transportation
- 7 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 8 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 9 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 10 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 13 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 14 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 15 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 16 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 17 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 18 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 19 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 20 Northern Spain
- 21 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 22 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 23 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 24 explore Italy on a budget
- 25 Itenerary Opinion