I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 2 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 3 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 4 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 5 Spain in November
- 6 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Itinerary Help!
- 9 How big backpack do I need?
- 10 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 11 AVE train tickets questions.
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 18 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 19 Prague on a budget...
- 20 December in Slovenia
- 21 Itinerary help please!
- 22 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 23 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 24 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 25 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?