I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 https://slimatrexnorway.com/rapiture-muscle-builder/
- 2 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 9 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Quizz !
- 12 Pay attention to your watches !
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 15 car insurance italy
- 16 Christmas Day in Granada
- 17 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 18 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 19 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 20 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 21 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 22 Venice/Mestre
- 23 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 24 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna