I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Netflix and Hulu
- 2 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 3 Paris to Morocco
- 4 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 5 Car rental return Nice
- 6 Rental car return in Nice
- 7 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 10 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 11 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 12 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 13 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 14 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 15 Amsterdam B&B
- 16 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 17 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 18 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 19 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 20 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 21 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 22 What do pack for Ireland?
- 23 Dirndl Shop Locations
- 24 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 25 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report