I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice
- 2 charming cities in Spain
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 5 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 6 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 7 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 8 Day in Madrid
- 9 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 10 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Le Marche Research Help
- 13 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 14 Rental car in Menton
- 15 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 17 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 20 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 21 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 22 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Paris cooking classes
- 25 Canal du Midi