I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Loire Valley?
- 2 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 3 Cheap cell phone at CDG?
- 4 Lavender fields in Provence
- 5 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam
- 6 Monet's Giverny
- 7 Leaving tomorrow for Spain and am getting overwhelmed!
- 8 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 9 Athens to Delphi bus - No online booking?
- 10 Spain or Greece with Turkey with kids
- 11 luggage storage in athens
- 12 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 13 Getting to Giverny
- 14 Victoria and Albert Museum
- 15 1st Eurotrip Itinerary - 12 days Backpacking in Europe
- 16 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 17 Glasgow family hotel
- 18 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 19 Spain 2 weeks itinerary help
- 20 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 21 Slomenice Castle
- 22 Bruges for 1st time
- 23 Shoes for Cinque Terre
- 24 Tallinn for 1st time
- 25 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France