I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Tuscany
- 2 Amalfi or Positano
- 3 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 4 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 5 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 6 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 7 River Boat Cruise
- 8 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 9 Hostel Advice
- 10 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 11 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 12 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 13 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 14 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 15 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 16 Cordoba or Granada?
- 17 Munich, Germany
- 18 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 19 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 20 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 21 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 22 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 23 First Time Europe Trip
- 24 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 25 St Andrews advice