I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER @Password Reset CONTACT 1:800 681 :7208 Techni* SUPP0RT
- 2 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 3 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 7 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 8 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 9 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 10 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 11 Hiking in Switzerland
- 12 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 13 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 14 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 15 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 16 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 17 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 23 CASH OR CARD?
- 24 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 25 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed