I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 2 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 3 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 4 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 5 Piedmont as a destination
- 6 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 7 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 8 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 12 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 13 Passport proplems
- 14 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 15 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 19 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 24 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 25 Itinerary help...