I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 3 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 4 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 5 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 6 London: Queen's Palace Guard Strikes Own Beat...
- 7 Airbnb scam
- 8 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Europe in winter
- 11 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 12 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 13 Best Hotel Deals in London
- 14 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 15 Best restaurants, gelato and tiramisu in Rome?
- 16 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 17 Bodrum to instanbul
- 18 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 19 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 20 Riquewihr or Ribeauville
- 21 Street Parking in Lisbon- Regulations?
- 22 Two Days in Prague
- 23 Alterations to night trains routes
- 24 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 25 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland