I have traveled once before from Piraeus to a Greek island (Mykonos, in the middle of July), without buying a ticket beforehand., I bought it either the night before or possibly in Piraeus when I showed up. Didn't seem to be a hassle at all. My question is: is this a regular and reliable way to get to the islands, just showing up and buying a ticket once at the port? How often do ferries to Naxos (this year's destination from Piraeus) sell out? Anybody have experience buying one on short notice in Piraeus?
I ask because we are not totally sure what day we will be leaving Athens for Naxos and it's easier to buy as we go rather than set our schedule around leaving precisely on a certain morning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 2 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 3 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 4 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 5 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 6 Wedding in Finland
- 7 travel around Spain
- 8 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 13 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 14 Hilton CPH no loner
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 17 French Wedding
- 18 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 19 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 20 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 I may be wrong....
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?