While I am taking your precious comments/suggestions in respect of my expected trip to UK in March, 2013 in another Topic, I have yet another travel related question here.
While I am checking the price of train travel to anywhere in UK, am unable to find any "Advance Ticket" for the freshly open dates, i.e. March 18, 19 or 20, 2013. Although until March 17, there are "Advance Tickets" available for all sectors. The only tickets available are "Off-peak" which are 3-4 times costlier than the "Advance" ones.
Please suggest if I should wait further for the "Advance Tickets" to be available in the coming days (as the booking for 18, 19 & 20 March has just opened) or should I take it like there are going to be no "Advance Tickets" in UK from March 18, 2013.
I tried to get an answer from the virtual contact person available at nationalrailway website however it was a waste of time only.
Need your comments urgently.
Thanks in advance,
Advance Booking in Trains
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 2 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 3 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 4 Swiss decisions
- 5 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 6 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 7 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 8 Family trip to France with kids
- 9 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 10 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 11 Train tickets France and Spain
- 12 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 13 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 14 A week in spain
- 15 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 16 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 17 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 18 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 19 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 20 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 21 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 22 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 23 Please help me plan my trip!
- 24 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 25 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015