While I am taking your precious comments/suggestions in respect of my expected trip to UK in March, 2013 in another Topic, I have yet another travel related question here.
While I am checking the price of train travel to anywhere in UK, am unable to find any "Advance Ticket" for the freshly open dates, i.e. March 18, 19 or 20, 2013. Although until March 17, there are "Advance Tickets" available for all sectors. The only tickets available are "Off-peak" which are 3-4 times costlier than the "Advance" ones.
Please suggest if I should wait further for the "Advance Tickets" to be available in the coming days (as the booking for 18, 19 & 20 March has just opened) or should I take it like there are going to be no "Advance Tickets" in UK from March 18, 2013.
I tried to get an answer from the virtual contact person available at nationalrailway website however it was a waste of time only.
Need your comments urgently.
Thanks in advance,
Advance Booking in Trains
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gite and/or agritourism
- 2 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 Athens/Istanbul March
- 5 English ruined castles
- 6 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 7 Stay away Buchbinder car rental company
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 13 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 14 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 17 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 18 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 19 Dublin to Armagh?
- 20 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 21 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 22 Apartment for family trip to London
- 23 Prebook B&Bs
- 24 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 25 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?