While I am taking your precious comments/suggestions in respect of my expected trip to UK in March, 2013 in another Topic, I have yet another travel related question here.
While I am checking the price of train travel to anywhere in UK, am unable to find any "Advance Ticket" for the freshly open dates, i.e. March 18, 19 or 20, 2013. Although until March 17, there are "Advance Tickets" available for all sectors. The only tickets available are "Off-peak" which are 3-4 times costlier than the "Advance" ones.
Please suggest if I should wait further for the "Advance Tickets" to be available in the coming days (as the booking for 18, 19 & 20 March has just opened) or should I take it like there are going to be no "Advance Tickets" in UK from March 18, 2013.
I tried to get an answer from the virtual contact person available at nationalrailway website however it was a waste of time only.
Need your comments urgently.
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 2 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 3 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 4 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 5 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 8 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 9 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG