While I am taking your precious comments/suggestions in respect of my expected trip to UK in March, 2013 in another Topic, I have yet another travel related question here.
While I am checking the price of train travel to anywhere in UK, am unable to find any "Advance Ticket" for the freshly open dates, i.e. March 18, 19 or 20, 2013. Although until March 17, there are "Advance Tickets" available for all sectors. The only tickets available are "Off-peak" which are 3-4 times costlier than the "Advance" ones.
Please suggest if I should wait further for the "Advance Tickets" to be available in the coming days (as the booking for 18, 19 & 20 March has just opened) or should I take it like there are going to be no "Advance Tickets" in UK from March 18, 2013.
I tried to get an answer from the virtual contact person available at nationalrailway website however it was a waste of time only.
Need your comments urgently.
Thanks in advance,
Advance Booking in Trains
- 1 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 2 Which travel plan?
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 5 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Madrid to Sevilla
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 London at Easter
- 11 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 12 Prague - must see
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 Family European winter holiday
- 21 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 22 Planning a holiday
- 23 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days