While I am taking your precious comments/suggestions in respect of my expected trip to UK in March, 2013 in another Topic, I have yet another travel related question here.
While I am checking the price of train travel to anywhere in UK, am unable to find any "Advance Ticket" for the freshly open dates, i.e. March 18, 19 or 20, 2013. Although until March 17, there are "Advance Tickets" available for all sectors. The only tickets available are "Off-peak" which are 3-4 times costlier than the "Advance" ones.
Please suggest if I should wait further for the "Advance Tickets" to be available in the coming days (as the booking for 18, 19 & 20 March has just opened) or should I take it like there are going to be no "Advance Tickets" in UK from March 18, 2013.
I tried to get an answer from the virtual contact person available at nationalrailway website however it was a waste of time only.
Need your comments urgently.
Thanks in advance,
Advance Booking in Trains
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 6 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 7 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 8 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 16 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 17 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Reykjavik hotels
- 22 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report