I am finalizing our trip this December/January. On the last leg of the trip we are staying in Montepulciano. Rather than return the car to Rome and fly out of there - I am finding better departure times and more general convenience returning the car to Florence (rent in Rome) and then depart from Florence. Our likely departure time will be 9:55 in the morning - or thereabouts. In any event, a morning flight.
So the question I have is where to stay the night before? Some posts say near the airport for the convenience - while others say city center, just arrange for a cab the night before. We (family of 4 - parents, 2 teens) will likely come in from the countryside the morning before the flight, return the car and then tour Florence for the day before leaving the next morning.
Any suggestions - opinions? been there, done that?
I did a thread search but didn't find this issue addressed - forgive me if it has been.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 2 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 5 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Towns around Lucca
- 8 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 9 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 10 Airline to Rome
- 11 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 12 Georgia in 4 days
- 13 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Dublin Luggage storage
- 16 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 Alitala
- 23 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
accommodation recommendations night before flight out of Florence