I am finalizing our trip this December/January. On the last leg of the trip we are staying in Montepulciano. Rather than return the car to Rome and fly out of there - I am finding better departure times and more general convenience returning the car to Florence (rent in Rome) and then depart from Florence. Our likely departure time will be 9:55 in the morning - or thereabouts. In any event, a morning flight.
So the question I have is where to stay the night before? Some posts say near the airport for the convenience - while others say city center, just arrange for a cab the night before. We (family of 4 - parents, 2 teens) will likely come in from the countryside the morning before the flight, return the car and then tour Florence for the day before leaving the next morning.
Any suggestions - opinions? been there, done that?
I did a thread search but didn't find this issue addressed - forgive me if it has been.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visit to Engand
- 2 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 10 Train up the Jungfrau
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 13 Driver"s License & Language
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 credit and debit cards
- 17 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 20 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 21 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 22 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 23 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Airfare to Italy
accommodation recommendations night before flight out of Florence