I am finalizing our trip this December/January. On the last leg of the trip we are staying in Montepulciano. Rather than return the car to Rome and fly out of there - I am finding better departure times and more general convenience returning the car to Florence (rent in Rome) and then depart from Florence. Our likely departure time will be 9:55 in the morning - or thereabouts. In any event, a morning flight.
So the question I have is where to stay the night before? Some posts say near the airport for the convenience - while others say city center, just arrange for a cab the night before. We (family of 4 - parents, 2 teens) will likely come in from the countryside the morning before the flight, return the car and then tour Florence for the day before leaving the next morning.
Any suggestions - opinions? been there, done that?
I did a thread search but didn't find this issue addressed - forgive me if it has been.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 23 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
accommodation recommendations night before flight out of Florence