Our daughter who lives in Prague has suggested we meet in Abruzzo for the week of our grandchildren's [10 and 12] April break.We love the idea of sharing a week with our delightful grandchildren in a part of Italy unknown to us,and have agreed to find THE PLACE/PLACES. They will fly into Pescara,and we will meet up with them at an agriturismo that "has nice accommodations;some sort of animal life/food production;pleasant surroundings,with easy access to interesting towns and sights".I love planning our holidays in Italy,but this time I am at a loss.PROBLEM IS...where to find such a place??I have spent endless hours on TA and SlowFood,but can find VERY few,actually just one, that meet above criteria.Most seem to be restaurants with the most basic rooms,at best.I have cross- referenced so many,and am now appealing to the endlessly resourceful Fodorites to help find a place for us.Gathering information about a holiday in the Abruzzo is a challenge,and your suggestions about interesting places to go with the kids;restaurants to eat in and any favorite destinations would be cherished.I have so little time and do not want our holiday to be a disappointment. Fodorites to the rescue,please.
ABRUZZO:Need HELP Finding Agriturismo for our Family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 4 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 5 4-6 weeks
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 11 Eiffel tower tickets
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Venice Banning Fodors
- 14 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 17 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 18 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 France, Italy and Greec
- 21 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 24 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 25 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input