Our daughter who lives in Prague has suggested we meet in Abruzzo for the week of our grandchildren's [10 and 12] April break.We love the idea of sharing a week with our delightful grandchildren in a part of Italy unknown to us,and have agreed to find THE PLACE/PLACES. They will fly into Pescara,and we will meet up with them at an agriturismo that "has nice accommodations;some sort of animal life/food production;pleasant surroundings,with easy access to interesting towns and sights".I love planning our holidays in Italy,but this time I am at a loss.PROBLEM IS...where to find such a place??I have spent endless hours on TA and SlowFood,but can find VERY few,actually just one, that meet above criteria.Most seem to be restaurants with the most basic rooms,at best.I have cross- referenced so many,and am now appealing to the endlessly resourceful Fodorites to help find a place for us.Gathering information about a holiday in the Abruzzo is a challenge,and your suggestions about interesting places to go with the kids;restaurants to eat in and any favorite destinations would be cherished.I have so little time and do not want our holiday to be a disappointment. Fodorites to the rescue,please.
ABRUZZO:Need HELP Finding Agriturismo for our Family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 He said , she said
- 7 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 8 Augsburg with kids
- 9 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 15 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 16 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid