Our daughter who lives in Prague has suggested we meet in Abruzzo for the week of our grandchildren's [10 and 12] April break.We love the idea of sharing a week with our delightful grandchildren in a part of Italy unknown to us,and have agreed to find THE PLACE/PLACES. They will fly into Pescara,and we will meet up with them at an agriturismo that "has nice accommodations;some sort of animal life/food production;pleasant surroundings,with easy access to interesting towns and sights".I love planning our holidays in Italy,but this time I am at a loss.PROBLEM IS...where to find such a place??I have spent endless hours on TA and SlowFood,but can find VERY few,actually just one, that meet above criteria.Most seem to be restaurants with the most basic rooms,at best.I have cross- referenced so many,and am now appealing to the endlessly resourceful Fodorites to help find a place for us.Gathering information about a holiday in the Abruzzo is a challenge,and your suggestions about interesting places to go with the kids;restaurants to eat in and any favorite destinations would be cherished.I have so little time and do not want our holiday to be a disappointment. Fodorites to the rescue,please.
ABRUZZO:Need HELP Finding Agriturismo for our Family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian cooking classes
- 2 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 3 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 5 Small group for Colosseum
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 London visit
- 8 best time to book accommodation
- 9 Useful website for France
- 10 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 13 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 14 SIM card for eastern europe
- 15 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 16 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 17 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 18 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 19 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 20 Monet in Normandy
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 23 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 24 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 25 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons