Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 4 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 5 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 6 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 7 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 8 How long in Venice?
- 9 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 10 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 11 Connections at CDG
- 12 Hotel in Rome?
- 13 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 14 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 15 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 16 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 17 granada to algarve
- 18 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 19 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 20 Ireland driving vacation
- 21 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 22 Cotswolds village base
- 23 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 24 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 25 Normandy in October