Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 2 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 3 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 6 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 7 I'm in a funk
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 9 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Ireland driving vacation
- 11 Bike touring in France
- 12 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 13 Things to do near Nice
- 14 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 15 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 16 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 17 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 18 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 19 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 20 Mama Mia Italy!
- 21 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 22 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 23 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 24 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 25 Germany Visa for conference