Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Venice really dirty?
- 2 Where to go in France mid July?
- 3 Help with England/Wales tour
- 4 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 5 trip to norway
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 10 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 11 Best beach town in Italy?
- 12 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 A Greek sojourn
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 23 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 24 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part