Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 American Express
- 4 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 9 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?