Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from the Bodensee - Options
- 2 Ghent or Paris?
- 3 France: which maps?
- 4 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 5 Restaurants in Venice
- 6 Chip and Pin
- 7 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 8 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 9 What Bus/buses
- 10 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 11 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 12 How many days to spend in Bruges?
- 13 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 14 Venice - boats on canals
- 15 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 16 Need help with six day itinerary in Ireland
- 17 Parking in Milan
- 18 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 19 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 20 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 21 What's the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby Leauge?
- 22 Need help with transfer from FCO To Vatican City
- 23 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 24 Please help with itinerary...
- 25 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?