Just posting a short note about L'Aquila. It's been just over 5 years since the earthquake and it was very eerie walking around. We just went there this week to check and were amazed that the city centro is still mostly a ghost town except for the presence of construction workers and cranes. The devastation is still quite evident. It looks like it will be a very long time before L'Aquila recovers.
Abruzzo - L'Aquila Update
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 2 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 3 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Scotland and northern England
- 6 Madrid Airport - layover/immigration question
- 7 Bayeux to Mt. St Micheal - Any interesting stops along the way?
- 8 Germany and Switzerland
- 9 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 10 Nicest hostel in Moscow
- 11 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 12 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 13 Spain driving trip
- 14 Renting an apt.
- 15 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 16 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 17 Germany for 3 weeks
- 18 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 19 Great restaurants in Italy
- 20 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 21 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 22 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 23 Amsterday > Bruges
- 24 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 25 Help me with this trip