I've got some AA Frequent Flyer miles I'm intending to use for a trip to Europe this fall. I'll be doing a multi-city trip from Chicago, flying into London LHR and returning from Madrid. When I ran a round trip flight (over a 20 day period to- from), it was 60,000 miles + about $480 in additional fees. However, when I ran the same dates, a one-way to London = 30,000 + only a $5.36 fee, then separately, a one way return from Madrid= 20,000 + $152 in fees. Doing it one way, each way saves 10,000 miles and over $300. But, of course I'm wary of what AA would do if I first book the one-way to London, then try to book the one-way back from Madrid. Will the extra fees kick in after I have the first one-way flight on record?
Has anyone tried to save miles and $$ using AA miles in this way? Will it work? All informed responses (no speculation please) would be very welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 7 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 8 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?