Looking for some advice on where to spend our precious 9 days in the South of France for the first time. We'll be there between 18-27 Sept 2014 and have never been there before. We're getting the train from London to Paris and then hoping to get a train down to the coast. We're also hoping to avoid getting a rental car (not keen on driving on the other side of road as we're from NZ!), could we get around via train/bus adequately from place to place? Open to ideas but probably looking for a base to stay for the week then travelling to and spending a day in a different place each day if possible. We're not party extravagant people, just looking for a nice quiet relaxing look around. We also don't speak French, is that going to be a problem? We will learn a few basics before we go though, but I don't hold out much hope with our accents being understood! Thanks for any advice or tips you can give us.
A week in the South of France Sept 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 A Greek sojourn
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 Is Venice really dirty?
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 9 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 10 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 11 Weekend in Norfolk
- 12 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 13 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 14 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 15 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??