My husband and I will be spending eight days in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy in mid-August and we would like to know where to base ourselves during our time there. We were considering either Parma and/or Bologna and we are interested in visiting Verona, Modena and Ravenna.
We would have no problem having two bases and maybe splitting the time between both Parma and Bologna, but we have also heard that spending time in Ravenna can be quite nice. As well, if you have any other suggestions of places to visit as day trips, please let us know.
We have been to other regions of Italy but we have always wanted to visit this area.
Your help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 credit and debit cards
- 2 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 3 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 4 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 5 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 10 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 11 Swiss Pass
- 12 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 18 Final Four
- 19 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 20 Charming areas to explore in London
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 23 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 24 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 25 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop