My husband and I will be spending eight days in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy in mid-August and we would like to know where to base ourselves during our time there. We were considering either Parma and/or Bologna and we are interested in visiting Verona, Modena and Ravenna.
We would have no problem having two bases and maybe splitting the time between both Parma and Bologna, but we have also heard that spending time in Ravenna can be quite nice. As well, if you have any other suggestions of places to visit as day trips, please let us know.
We have been to other regions of Italy but we have always wanted to visit this area.
Your help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 3 Day trips from Florence
- 4 Paris in September
- 5 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 10 May get together in Paris
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 19 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 20 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 21 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 22 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Planning a Trip to Greece