My husband and I will be spending eight days in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy in mid-August and we would like to know where to base ourselves during our time there. We were considering either Parma and/or Bologna and we are interested in visiting Verona, Modena and Ravenna.
We would have no problem having two bases and maybe splitting the time between both Parma and Bologna, but we have also heard that spending time in Ravenna can be quite nice. As well, if you have any other suggestions of places to visit as day trips, please let us know.
We have been to other regions of Italy but we have always wanted to visit this area.
Your help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.