I am hoping there is some Francophiles out there who can help me. My husband and I are trying to decide where to go on our summer holiday. We only have a week in June and really fancy either the south of France. Ideally we would like to split our week between 2 bases: a few days in a beach resort and a few days in the mountains. For both bases we would like to stay in a really nice town, with a bit of buzz about it - not as big as a city but not too remote - so that if we don’t fancy doing much we have a nice beach/restaurants/cafes etc on our doorstep and still has good connections so that we can take day trips to different places (we would hire a car).
Ideally we would like to go self catering but not sure how feasible this will be if we are only looking for 3 or 4 nights in each place.
Alternatively, is there somewhere you would recommend basing ourselves for the full week which is equally accessible for day trips to the beach and mountains? What about Provence: what town would you recommend – not too big, not too small but with a bit of buzz about it, good selection of restaurants, cafes etc? So many options– how on earth do I narrow it down – help!
Thanks for any advice you can offer! I realise similar questions will have been asked in the forum and I'm off to seek them out but I think I'm getting information overload!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GMAIL @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech c*Are
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Paris hotel
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Stuck in Paris
- 14 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 17 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Greece
- 23 Ex-pats with young kids
- 24 Iceland france spain
- 25 Ludwig Castles