I am hoping there is some Francophiles out there who can help me. My husband and I are trying to decide where to go on our summer holiday. We only have a week in June and really fancy either the south of France. Ideally we would like to split our week between 2 bases: a few days in a beach resort and a few days in the mountains. For both bases we would like to stay in a really nice town, with a bit of buzz about it - not as big as a city but not too remote - so that if we don’t fancy doing much we have a nice beach/restaurants/cafes etc on our doorstep and still has good connections so that we can take day trips to different places (we would hire a car).
Ideally we would like to go self catering but not sure how feasible this will be if we are only looking for 3 or 4 nights in each place.
Alternatively, is there somewhere you would recommend basing ourselves for the full week which is equally accessible for day trips to the beach and mountains? What about Provence: what town would you recommend – not too big, not too small but with a bit of buzz about it, good selection of restaurants, cafes etc? So many options– how on earth do I narrow it down – help!
Thanks for any advice you can offer! I realise similar questions will have been asked in the forum and I'm off to seek them out but I think I'm getting information overload!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy travel plan help
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 Alsace to Austria?
- 7 road trip through scotland
- 8 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 9 Wales
- 10 Best Neck Pillow
- 11 barcelona neighborhood
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Tieks for travel
- 14 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 17 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 18 Where to eat in Rome?
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 24 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 25 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.