I am hoping there is some Francophiles out there who can help me. My husband and I are trying to decide where to go on our summer holiday. We only have a week in June and really fancy either the south of France. Ideally we would like to split our week between 2 bases: a few days in a beach resort and a few days in the mountains. For both bases we would like to stay in a really nice town, with a bit of buzz about it - not as big as a city but not too remote - so that if we don’t fancy doing much we have a nice beach/restaurants/cafes etc on our doorstep and still has good connections so that we can take day trips to different places (we would hire a car).
Ideally we would like to go self catering but not sure how feasible this will be if we are only looking for 3 or 4 nights in each place.
Alternatively, is there somewhere you would recommend basing ourselves for the full week which is equally accessible for day trips to the beach and mountains? What about Provence: what town would you recommend – not too big, not too small but with a bit of buzz about it, good selection of restaurants, cafes etc? So many options– how on earth do I narrow it down – help!
Thanks for any advice you can offer! I realise similar questions will have been asked in the forum and I'm off to seek them out but I think I'm getting information overload!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Athens
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out