my wife and i are spending 3 weeks in italy in may. we have been to italy twice mainly hitting the major urban destinations - rome florence, venice, naples along with amalfi coast and pompei and vesuvius. this time we plan to see more of the rural side of italy. our first week we are going to spend in the eastern part of campania and the last week in tuscany -barga. we need recommendations for central italy - umbria? abruzzo? le marche? want to stay in one location for a week, don't have to see everything. would like a base where we could take day trips to small towns and villages, perhaps run out to the adriatic. even though i taught history for 35 years, we don't tend to seek out historical sights. instead we try to absorb as much of the local culture as possible.
a week in rural central italy in mid-may
- 1 France with Kids
- 2 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 3 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 4 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 7 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey
- 10 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 11 Where to Stay in Paris with Family
- 12 Tour for Alhambra
- 13 London on a sunny day
- 14 portugal
- 15 HELP stuck in Italy
- 16 I Need To Vent!
- 17 Itinerary help please! Dolomites 1 week hut to hut guided tours
- 18 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 19 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 20 Rhine River Intinerary
- 21 What is the best food in France?
- 22 Help with itenerary
- 23 10 days in Switzerland & 3-4 days in Paris
- 24 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 25 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)