my wife and i are spending 3 weeks in italy in may. we have been to italy twice mainly hitting the major urban destinations - rome florence, venice, naples along with amalfi coast and pompei and vesuvius. this time we plan to see more of the rural side of italy. our first week we are going to spend in the eastern part of campania and the last week in tuscany -barga. we need recommendations for central italy - umbria? abruzzo? le marche? want to stay in one location for a week, don't have to see everything. would like a base where we could take day trips to small towns and villages, perhaps run out to the adriatic. even though i taught history for 35 years, we don't tend to seek out historical sights. instead we try to absorb as much of the local culture as possible.
a week in rural central italy in mid-may
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 nearby cities to london
- 6 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 7 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 8 Day trip from London to Paris
- 9 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 10 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 11 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 14 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Porto -City Break
- 17 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 18 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 19 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 20 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 21 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 22 Street food in Turkey
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Paris in April?
- 25 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin