I'd love some advice from you seasoned travelers. I'm spending a week in England visiting relatives at the end of July, early August, and planning to fly from Manchester to Paris to meet a friend who has never been to France. I'm a novice there myself, having only been once - on a tour. We want to see Paris, but also spend some days in the countryside. I think we'll have about 7 days total. Suggestions? There may be three women traveling together by then, with two of us going on to Madrid for a week afterwards. How can we make the most of France in 7 days? Provence seemed like a good idea after a few days in Paris, but is it too far? Should we find a countryside location with easier/shorter access to Paris?
I haven't read a lot of forums yet, so haven't looked at hotels suggestions, or areas of Paris to stay in either, so if you want to throw in a good suggestion for where to stay in Paris, too, that would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Things to do in Brussels
- 3 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 4 Madrid airport question
- 5 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 6 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 14 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 15 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Naxos car rental
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 question on Barcelona itinerary