I'd love some advice from you seasoned travelers. I'm spending a week in England visiting relatives at the end of July, early August, and planning to fly from Manchester to Paris to meet a friend who has never been to France. I'm a novice there myself, having only been once - on a tour. We want to see Paris, but also spend some days in the countryside. I think we'll have about 7 days total. Suggestions? There may be three women traveling together by then, with two of us going on to Madrid for a week afterwards. How can we make the most of France in 7 days? Provence seemed like a good idea after a few days in Paris, but is it too far? Should we find a countryside location with easier/shorter access to Paris?
I haven't read a lot of forums yet, so haven't looked at hotels suggestions, or areas of Paris to stay in either, so if you want to throw in a good suggestion for where to stay in Paris, too, that would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam