I'd love some advice from you seasoned travelers. I'm spending a week in England visiting relatives at the end of July, early August, and planning to fly from Manchester to Paris to meet a friend who has never been to France. I'm a novice there myself, having only been once - on a tour. We want to see Paris, but also spend some days in the countryside. I think we'll have about 7 days total. Suggestions? There may be three women traveling together by then, with two of us going on to Madrid for a week afterwards. How can we make the most of France in 7 days? Provence seemed like a good idea after a few days in Paris, but is it too far? Should we find a countryside location with easier/shorter access to Paris?
I haven't read a lot of forums yet, so haven't looked at hotels suggestions, or areas of Paris to stay in either, so if you want to throw in a good suggestion for where to stay in Paris, too, that would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 National Museum in Krakow; Auschwitz art
- 5 Beauty of Bruges and Brussels
- 6 B&Bs in Ireland
- 7 Zadar or Sibenik
- 8 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 9 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee
- 10 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 12 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 13 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 14 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 15 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 16 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 17 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 18 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 19 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 20 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 21 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 24 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 25 Milos beach stay