It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 2 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 May get together in Paris
- 5 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 6 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 7 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 8 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 9 Italian lakes
- 10 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 Spain and South of France
- 13 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 14 renting car with automatic transmission
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 18 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 23 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 24 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,