It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 8 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Hotel in Vienna
- 11 If you had to choose one......
- 12 Car rental from Barcelona
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 15 Itinerary Tweaking
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 19 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 20 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Ireland in April
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,