It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 God Save the Queen?
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Iceland early december visit
- 10 Paris to Italy
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 Milan or Turin
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 22 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 23 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Frankfurt to UK
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,