It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://sexuallubricants.org/xcell-180
- 2 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 3 Sicily: which coast?
- 4 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 8 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Now to Madrid
- 11 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Chania
- 14 Edinbrugh
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Hotels in Turin
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 19 Studying art in English in venice
- 20 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,