It starts with a spark,
The spark becomes a dream.
Then with focus and a little
serendipity the dream becomes reality.
I know this cocktail,
it's one that gives me
a life well lived
~standing in front of breathless wonders~
This spark comes
on an ordinary day while eating,
mindlessly thumbing thru
a Budget Travel magazine,
my eyes rest upon
Two sisters, their Mother
walking the white ribbon roads
No cars, traveling only by feet
with plenty of nature and at the end of each day
good food, drink and cheer.
that instant, sitting at my table,
began the foaming up of a dream and
the questions that would not lie still began.
Could I do this?
Could I find someone to do it with?
How can I NOT do this?
How can I not say yes to standing in front of breathless wonder?
So an adventure is made up.
The planning nearly as fun as and much longer than the journey.
Eventually this adventure becomes;
Myself and 2 companions
would fly to Rome,
immediately take a train to
Orvieto for 3 nights to get over jet lag.
Train to Siena for an overnight before we
begin the walking tour for 8 days,
Then on to new discoveries;
Florence for 5 days,
4 days in Switzerland to visit
a hometown friend who lives there now;
and finishing with a quick layover in London,
with just enough time to get a taste of the city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 2 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 3 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 10 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 11 Budapest Card
- 12 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 13 UK in May and June
- 14 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 15 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 16 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 19 Bath/Cotswolds
- 20 Shorts in South of France?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 base for Andalucia
- 24 Italy travel plan help
- 25 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
It starts with a spark,