I am now doing homework for our trip to Andalucia in October and I have already received some excellent ideas from an earlier posted question.
So now here is a more focused question: the more I read about Sevilla, the more I am thinking that it is just the kind of city we would love (we have never been to Spain at all) and that somehow we must spend more than three nights there. Hence the question:
What are your opinions about spending 5 nights in Sevilla and doing a day trip to Cordoba, mainly for the Mezquita? Up until now I had been allocating 2 nights to Cordoba and 3 nights to Sevilla. This would give us a chance to wander around the old quarters of Cordoba, take in a flamenco show, and go two or three times to soak up the Mezquita in particular (our priorities in travel: generally avoid one-night stops; don’t rush it; food and architecture; sitting on an old terrace with drink in hand, etc.)
I realize that this is a kind of “Is Paris or Rome better?” question with no objective answer but I would welcome your very subjective impressions and opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 5 base for Andalucia
- 6 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Apartment in Rome
- 13 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 14 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 15 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 16 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 17 Best Greek Island
- 18 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 19 Flea markets in Romania
- 20 car rental
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 23 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 24 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 25 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018