I am now doing homework for our trip to Andalucia in October and I have already received some excellent ideas from an earlier posted question.
So now here is a more focused question: the more I read about Sevilla, the more I am thinking that it is just the kind of city we would love (we have never been to Spain at all) and that somehow we must spend more than three nights there. Hence the question:
What are your opinions about spending 5 nights in Sevilla and doing a day trip to Cordoba, mainly for the Mezquita? Up until now I had been allocating 2 nights to Cordoba and 3 nights to Sevilla. This would give us a chance to wander around the old quarters of Cordoba, take in a flamenco show, and go two or three times to soak up the Mezquita in particular (our priorities in travel: generally avoid one-night stops; don’t rush it; food and architecture; sitting on an old terrace with drink in hand, etc.)
I realize that this is a kind of “Is Paris or Rome better?” question with no objective answer but I would welcome your very subjective impressions and opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice