I am now doing homework for our trip to Andalucia in October and I have already received some excellent ideas from an earlier posted question.
So now here is a more focused question: the more I read about Sevilla, the more I am thinking that it is just the kind of city we would love (we have never been to Spain at all) and that somehow we must spend more than three nights there. Hence the question:
What are your opinions about spending 5 nights in Sevilla and doing a day trip to Cordoba, mainly for the Mezquita? Up until now I had been allocating 2 nights to Cordoba and 3 nights to Sevilla. This would give us a chance to wander around the old quarters of Cordoba, take in a flamenco show, and go two or three times to soak up the Mezquita in particular (our priorities in travel: generally avoid one-night stops; don’t rush it; food and architecture; sitting on an old terrace with drink in hand, etc.)
I realize that this is a kind of “Is Paris or Rome better?” question with no objective answer but I would welcome your very subjective impressions and opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 2 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Andalucia itinerary help
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 10 Overnight at Heathrow
- 11 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 14 Prague
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 9 days in London
- 18 Lyon
- 19 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Milan private guide
- 22 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 23 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy