I am now doing homework for our trip to Andalucia in October and I have already received some excellent ideas from an earlier posted question.
So now here is a more focused question: the more I read about Sevilla, the more I am thinking that it is just the kind of city we would love (we have never been to Spain at all) and that somehow we must spend more than three nights there. Hence the question:
What are your opinions about spending 5 nights in Sevilla and doing a day trip to Cordoba, mainly for the Mezquita? Up until now I had been allocating 2 nights to Cordoba and 3 nights to Sevilla. This would give us a chance to wander around the old quarters of Cordoba, take in a flamenco show, and go two or three times to soak up the Mezquita in particular (our priorities in travel: generally avoid one-night stops; don’t rush it; food and architecture; sitting on an old terrace with drink in hand, etc.)
I realize that this is a kind of “Is Paris or Rome better?” question with no objective answer but I would welcome your very subjective impressions and opinions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice