I am planning a three week vacation (total 23 nights) to Italy in June of 2013. I will be traveling with my wife, and our two-year old son. We will fly into Rome and spend 6 nights there before driving east and spending a night in Abruzzo. From there, we plan to travel south to Puglia, where we intend to spend the next two weeks (14 nights) of our vacation.
Our goal is to find a self-catering vacation rental, or two, where we can soak up the people, culture and ambience of Puglia, preferably by the sea. Our accommodation budget for this portion of the trip is about $3,500. Food, entertainment and transportation have been budgeted separately. Puglia is a region that I'm fairly unfamiliar with and just discovering now through research. Can anybody provide us with recommendations for self-catering vacation rentals by the sea that are fairly central for interesting day-trips? Additionally, does anybody have any other kinds of advice for three Canadians who would like to visit Puglia?
Thank you for your time and I look forward to receiving your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano or Sorrento?
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 Munich itinerary review
- 4 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 5 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 6 Earthquake near Naples
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Globus Iberian Tour
- 11 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 12 3nights in Venice
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 17 Football Tickets - Athens
- 18 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 21 Last minute trip to Capri
- 22 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 23 Budapest to Kosice
- 24 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 25 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide