I am planning a three week vacation (total 23 nights) to Italy in June of 2013. I will be traveling with my wife, and our two-year old son. We will fly into Rome and spend 6 nights there before driving east and spending a night in Abruzzo. From there, we plan to travel south to Puglia, where we intend to spend the next two weeks (14 nights) of our vacation.
Our goal is to find a self-catering vacation rental, or two, where we can soak up the people, culture and ambience of Puglia, preferably by the sea. Our accommodation budget for this portion of the trip is about $3,500. Food, entertainment and transportation have been budgeted separately. Puglia is a region that I'm fairly unfamiliar with and just discovering now through research. Can anybody provide us with recommendations for self-catering vacation rentals by the sea that are fairly central for interesting day-trips? Additionally, does anybody have any other kinds of advice for three Canadians who would like to visit Puglia?
Thank you for your time and I look forward to receiving your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores in February
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Theater in London
- 5 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 6 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 Umbria / Le Marche
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 13 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Food in Positano
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 18 Katyn massacres
- 19 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions