I am planning a three week vacation (total 23 nights) to Italy in June of 2013. I will be traveling with my wife, and our two-year old son. We will fly into Rome and spend 6 nights there before driving east and spending a night in Abruzzo. From there, we plan to travel south to Puglia, where we intend to spend the next two weeks (14 nights) of our vacation.
Our goal is to find a self-catering vacation rental, or two, where we can soak up the people, culture and ambience of Puglia, preferably by the sea. Our accommodation budget for this portion of the trip is about $3,500. Food, entertainment and transportation have been budgeted separately. Puglia is a region that I'm fairly unfamiliar with and just discovering now through research. Can anybody provide us with recommendations for self-catering vacation rentals by the sea that are fairly central for interesting day-trips? Additionally, does anybody have any other kinds of advice for three Canadians who would like to visit Puglia?
Thank you for your time and I look forward to receiving your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 Santorini lodging
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 What to do at 7:00am
- 10 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 11 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 12 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 16 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 19 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 20 Planning a European Trip
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 24 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?