My friend and I (both 22 y/o gals from Australia) are looking at doing some travel through Europe and was hoping we could get some advice! We aren't looking for a super relaxed holiday but obviously don't want to me moving at 400 miles an hour without any resting time.
We’ve so far managed a list of countries we want to travel through. I’ll be honest and say we aren’t really into the typical tourist stuff. Sure we want to see the sights but we aren’t really much of the ‘hang around, really take it in’ types. Which I know is a bit of a blow but maybe I’ll blame our generation who are happy to snap a photo and move on! We also aren’t too big on Museums, however both have an interest in War type ones, criminal, etc. We do however want to fulfill plans of our bucket list to visit Europe and we both have the time and money to get that done at the moment so want to take that opportunity.
We plan on going in November for between 4-5 weeks. Below is a ‘rough’ itinerary, however the countries listed are set and what I’d really appreciate is if you could let us know which ones of these would be worth changing to 3 nights. From what is below we’d be fine adding roughly another 4-5 nights but working them in so some of these change to 3 nights from 2 or even taking some down to 1 night. We also plan on purchasing a Eurail pass so if you could let me know if that’s viable to get the unlimited for a month or if its worth hiring a car to get between a few of these that would be greatly appreciated too!
Edinburgh – hire a car – 2 Nights
Drive to Lincoln – England – (see relatives) – 2 Nights
Drive to London – drop off car – 2 nights * ~This one we think should be 3?
Train to Paris – 2 nights *~Thinking 3 again?
Train to Brussels – 1 Night
Train to Amsterdam – 2 Nights
Train to Berlin – 2 Nights
Train to Prague – 2 Nights
Train to Krakow – 1 Night (2days) (this is for Auschwitz)
Night Train to Budapest – 1 Night
Train to Vienna – 2 Nights
Train to Munich – 2 Nights *~Should this be 3?
Train to Venice – 2 Nights
Train to Rome – 2 Nights
This is a list of things we would like to do 100%. The rest we imagine will plan once we have nights and times sorted.
-London Eye (is this worth getting the double pass for day and evening ride?), Abbey Road Crossing, London Dungeon, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, (possible Madame Tussaud's?), Trafalgar Square
-Disneyland Paris, Paris Catacombs, Climb Eiffel Tower
-Brussels – uncertain. Thinking of making an arrive late, have a full day, leave early? We mostly want to stop here for chocolates!
-Amsterdam – Ride bikes, couple of coffee shops, Anne Frank House.
-Berlin Wall – topography of terror, Climb the Reichstag, Try visit an abandoned theme park.
-Prague Beer Spa, Charles Bridge, Prague Castle(?)
-Krakow – Auschwitz
-Budapest House of Terror , Ice Bar, Thermal Bath
-Vienna Castles? Unsure here.
-Munich – Unsure if we should hire a car or do a tour to Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Palace. Maybe BMW museum if she lets me drag her into it
- Rome Colosseum, Trevi Fountain
Sorry this is so long!
So that’s pretty much it. Not sure if its worth hiring a car to go from Venice – Rome and maybe stopping in Pisa for a few hours of something? Or if a train direct would be the best option.
Hopefully I’ve included anything, if you need to know any further details please let me know!
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Revised itinerary for italy
- 4 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 8 Hotel in Vienna
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 Switzerland in November?
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 vienna
- 19 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 20 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 21 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 22 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 25 Oxford England Accommodations