We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 2 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 5 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 6 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 7 Travel by train in Poland?
- 8 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 9 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 10 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 11 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 12 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 13 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 14 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 15 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 16 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 17 UK with Kids
- 18 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 19 Florence/Venice/Tuscany driving vacation
- 20 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 21 DVD players in France
- 22 Freising or Erding?
- 23 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 24 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 25 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015