We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
- 1 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July
- 2 Trip to London
- 3 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 4 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 5 Almalfi in Late March??
- 6 Barcelona - 7 Portes Restaurant
- 7 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 8 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 9 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 12 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 13 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 14 Berlin to Dresden to Prague in eight days
- 15 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 16 Backpacking through Europe
- 17 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 18 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 19 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 20 Buying tickets for London shows from online sites
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Riquewihr, France, recommended accommodation
- 23 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 24 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 25 Monaco to Paris