We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 4 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 7 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 10 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 11 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 18 Quizz !
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 21 Our future trip to Greece
- 22 Russia in two weeks in December
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Christmas Day in Granada
- 25 car insurance italy