We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/gavali-advance-review/
- 2 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 3 Seville Itinerary
- 4 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 6 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 7 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 8 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 9 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 10 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 13 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 16 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 17 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 18 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 19 Italy by car
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 22 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 23 T Mobile Does it Again
- 24 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 25 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada