We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 2 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 3 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 4 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 5 12 Days in Italy
- 6 Health insurance coverage
- 7 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 8 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 9 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 10 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 11 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 12 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 13 Family vacay in Europe
- 14 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 15 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 16 Italy - best two central locations
- 17 Another Book List for Italy
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 19 Day trip suggestion from London
- 20 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 21 Back to Paris--need hotel advice
- 22 Classical Music in Milan
- 23 Pousadas in Portugal
- 24 Eight Days in Berlin; Walks, Food, Museums and Ambivalence
- 25 Places to visits near Porto