We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 2 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 3 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 4 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 5 19 countries in a day
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Finistère Base
- 8 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 9 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 10 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 11 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 12 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 13 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 14 Photographer in Paris?
- 15 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 16 First visit to France in November
- 17 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 18 Hey Fodor's
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Advice please...
- 21 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 22 Which hotel in London?
- 23 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 24 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 25 Restaurant recommendation for Milan