We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Barcelona
- 2 Six months in France -- how to do it?
- 3 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 4 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 7 5am arrival in Dublin
- 8 What are the best places to see in England
- 9 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 10 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 11 destination wedding
- 12 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 13 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 14 10 Hours in Brussels
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 19 Italy
- 20 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 21 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 24 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014