We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now for the Venice hotel
- 2 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 3 week in scotland
- 4 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 5 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 6 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 7 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 8 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 9 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 10 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 11 Rocamaxour
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 14 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 15 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 19 venice, italy
- 20 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Where to go in France mid July?
- 23 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 24 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 25 A guide to Madrid