We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 2 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 3 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 4 Taormina Sicily
- 5 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 6 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 7 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 8 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 9 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 10 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 12 Iwango went…to Nice
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 15 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 16 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 19 Granada
- 20 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 21 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 22 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 23 Pyrenees logistics
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 Travelling from Paris to Madrid