We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Smartness Secret Nucific Bio X4
- 2 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 3 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 4 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 5 http://isscamreview.com/option-figures/
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 8 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 9 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 10 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 11 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 12 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 17 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 French lavender and cottages
- 22 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 23 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 24 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 25 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik