We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Chania
- 3 Now to Madrid
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?