We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Versailles
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 20 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily