We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall UK
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 French Wedding
- 5 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 6 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 9 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 10 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 11 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 12 I may be wrong....
- 13 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 14 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 16 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 17 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 20 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions