We will be spending 3 nights in Slovenia (place(s) yet to be determined). We plan on visiting: Ljubljana, Bled, Skofja and as much in that area as we can fit in during our time there. We then drive South into Istria.
We are trying to arrange our days around Sunday and Monday so we don't miss anything significant as we've been reading (in a general sense) that a lot of towns, etc. are closed (hit and miss) on Sundays and Mondays. I was able to find the hours of Bled Castle and it seems to be open daily during the more touristy months, which is when we will be visiting (July).
For those of you who have traveled to the above parts of Slovenia, did you find that most places were closed on these days? On our last trip over in 2009, we made the mistake of staying in Munich over a Sunday and all was basically closed, at least the places we were interested in, so I'm trying to plan in advance so we don't run into this again.
Thank you again for your help!
A Question for those who have been to Slovenia.
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 3 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 6 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 10 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Apartments in Rome
- 16 Which travel plan?
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 19 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 To Paris and Provence in June